The Associate Accountant's role will be to assist the Finance Department with accounts payable and other areas of finance. This person will report to the Director of Finance and is responsible for overseeing, managing and processing all Accounts Payable operations and payments. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of non-profit accounting and have a strong attention to detail.
- Accounts Payable:
- Oversee and manage all accounts payable operations.
- Prepare monthly accounts payable and other related reports.
- Review all invoices for proper expense coding and approval.
- Enter and record all accounts payable invoices.
- Issue weekly A/P checks, insuring prompt payment to all vendors
- Assist with preparation of analyses and schedules
- Maintenance of all hard copy and electronic A/P vendor files & check registers
- Prepare annual 1099 forms
- Other Responsibilities:
- Prepare daily deposits
- Prepare weekly flash report
- Prepare journal entry for monthly postage usage
- Responsible for commuter checks
- Manage petty cash
- Assist with annual budget entry into general ledger
- File all departmental journal entries and account reconciliations
- Any other tasks assigned
This list of duties and responsibilities is not to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
STATUS AND SCOPE:
- Highly detail oriented; ability to meet deadlines and effective problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
- Advanced in MS Excel
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management
- AA degree in Accounting
- AA degree in Accounting
- 2-years plus experience in accounts payable
- Strong written and verbal command of the English Language is required
- Prior experience in non-profit accounting a plus
The salary will be based upon professional and academic experience.
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. Mention “Director of Finance” in the subject line. Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered.
Resumes will be accepted until position filled.
***SFJAZZ is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to a diverse and harmonious workplace. We extend our thanks and appreciation to all applicants for their expressed interest in working at SFJAZZ and will contact those selected for an interview.