Save the date! Auditions for fall '15 session will be held August 2nd and 3rd.
Mondays, February 23rd - May 11th, 7PM-9:30PM • Joe Henderson Lab
General Public: $400; SFJAZZ Members: $350 (3-part payment plans available upon request)
Adam Theis, Director
The Monday Night Band at SFJAZZ provides musicians of all ages (older teens through seasoned adults) with a structured approach to learning and interpreting diverse repertoire in a hip community band setting. Open by audition to intermediate/advanced level instrumentalists and vocalists – from high school age hotshots to retired pros and everyone in between– this ensemble will introduce participants to various styles and genres of jazz with the primary goal to develop a performance-ready program. The band is directed by acclaimed Bay Area musician, composer and bandleader Adam Theis. The spring series will culminate in a final public performance on Monday, May 11th in Miner Auditorium.
Monday Night Band members get the opportunity to:
- Workshop, perform and record original compositions and arrangements
- Work with pro clinicians
- Play for a 600+ audience in the renowned Miner Auditorium
- Record live in the Joe Henderson Lab
- Network and build relationships with fellow Bay Area musicians
- Participate in community outreach
- Earn credit toward professional development