Artistic Booking Coordinator
Artistic Booking Coordinator
The Artistic Booking Coordinator supports the Artistic Department in booking and executing SFJAZZ’s contracts and talent bookings as well as assist in the management of the SFJAZZ Collective. The position reports to the Artistic Administrator with assignments from the Executive Artistic Director. In January 2013, SFJAZZ opened the SFJAZZ Center, the first freestanding building in the United States designed specifically for jazz presentation and education. This is a great opportunity for a motivated individual to be a part of a creative team that expands upon the potential of a new cultural landmark.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Bookings
- Assist Artistic Administrator and Executive Artistic Director with the booking and contract process for over 200 shows annually.
- Research prospective jazz artists; analyze availability and viability for presentation at SFJAZZ Center.
- Assist Artistic Administrator with preparation of department budgets and individual artist budgets.
- Support marketing and other departments with timely information along with other communication materials.
- Regularly review processes and procedures for international artist bookings.
- Work with and coordinate with other departments on special events, etc.
- Oversee the logistics surrounding each artist’s booking.
- Maintain inventory of potential future SFJAZZ artists.
- Manage SFJAZZ Collective calendar and relationship with Collective’s agent.
- Coordinate all communications surrounding the SFJAZZ Collective including contracts, calendar, and etc; Coordinate internal and external marketing, public relations, residency schedules, and interactions with other SFJAZZ departments such as development and education.
- Develop and manage SFJAZZ Collective budget in conjunction with Artistic Administrator.
- Oversee the hiring of support for the Collective while at SFJAZZ Center, at satellite locations, and on tour.
- Manage music scores and music library; coordinate CD production.
- Any other duties as assigned.
STATUS AND SCOPE:
- Ability to appropriately handle contracts and budget processes; Strong awareness of how to maintain artist and/or artist’s management expectations balanced with the needs of SFJAZZ.
- Detail oriented person with high level of accuracy and thoroughness; attention to detail coupled with thoughtfulness and grace.
- Project management skills a decided plus; multi-tasking problem-solver needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to and knowledge of jazz and jazz related music.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse array of constituents across multiple departments.
Bachelors Degree, ideally with an emphasis in art or music administration; three to five years of direct experience with one of the following: venue talent buyer, talent agency or artist management company. No relocations.
The work schedule varies from customary office hours to unpredictable hours, with the potential for long hours during critical periods. This job requires occasional work during evenings and weekends.
Will be based upon professional and academic experience.
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to the email address: email@example.com. Mention “Artistic Booking Coordinator” in the subject line. Resumes without salary requirements or sent to other email addresses may not be considered. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
***SFJAZZ is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to a diverse and harmonious workplace. We extend our thanks and appreciation to all applicants for their expressed interest in working at SFJAZZ and will contact those selected for an interview.