Corporate Sponsorship Manager
Corporate Sponsorship Manager
As a member of SFJAZZ’s Development team, the Corporate Sponsorship Manager works closely with the Director of Development to develop a strategy to attract and maintain corporate sponsorship gifts, including cash sponsorships of $1,000 and above, and in-kind sponsorships. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Corporate Sponsorship Manager will execute all aspects of the plan, including research and identification of prospects; cultivation and relationship management for the portfolio; proposal development and solicitation; and overseeing benefits fulfillment of all sponsorship agreements. The Manager is also responsible for the promotion of SFJAZZ’s Corporate Sponsorship programs, income reconciliation, and budget management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement programs aimed at securing corporate sponsors of $10,000 and above
- Develop and implement new programs aimed at securing sponsors at the $1,000-$10,000 levels (e.g. SFJAZZ Business Council)
- Identify prospects and solicit in-kind requests. Oversee the tracking and acknowledgement of in-kind donations
- In consultation with the Development Director, develop a detailed, annual plan of revenues and expenditures for the corporate sponsorship goal that links to overall fundraising goals
- Coordinate and participate in meetings with prospective and current corporate sponsors. Oversee scheduling, meeting preparation, note-taking and recording in database and follow-up with attendees
- Work closely with the appropriate departments to ensure appropriate benefits fulfillment for sponsors
- Coordinate with the Grants Manager on corporate philanthropy opportunities; assist with proposal preparation and submission as needed
- Support the work of the Corporate Committee of the Board of Trustees; Prepare and distribute progress reports to senior management, the development team, and fundraising volunteers
- Work with the Marketing Department to develop and maintain up-to-date promotional materials for the Corporate Sponsorship program, including organizational overview materials, brochures, web copy, and other informational pieces
- Participate in Development Department and Corporate Committee meetings
- Represent SFJAZZ in the concert halls and in the community
This list of duties and responsibilities is not to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
STATUS AND SCOPE:
- Ability to conceive, plan, and execute Corporate Sponsorship program
- Knowledge of the local and national corporate community
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and research skills
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, while meeting all deadlines
- Experience with working on computers and with computer programs Word, Excel, and databases; Tessitura experience highly desired
- Entrepreneurial and creative approach to fundraising
- Prior experience working in a performing arts organization highly desirable
- Knowledge and interest in jazz and related music is a plus
B.A. required; 3-5 years experience in development with corporate giving experience or
sales experience; arts fundraising experience is highly desirable.
We offer a competitive salary based on qualifications, excellent benefits, and a dynamic, casual San Francisco office. Evening work is often required. The ability to speak business-level English and a California driver’s license are also required.
To be considered for this position, submit resume and cover letter to Jobs@sfjazz.org.
SAN FRANCISCO JAZZ ORGANIZATION (SFJAZZ) IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF.