Executive Assistant to the CEO
Executive Assistant to the CEO
The Executive Assistant works closely with the CEO to manage organizational priorities and represents the CEO internally and externally; providing liaison between the CEO, Board, funders, and employees; providing administrative, coordinative, and project management assistance.
The job requires exceptional administrative skills, strong time management and planning capabilities, and solid judgment in terms of competing priorities, addressing urgent matters, confidentiality, and delegation of tasks. The Executive Assistant must be a self-manager first and foremost. This individual will be working in a complex, fast-paced office in a creative environment.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
Scheduling and Clerical Support:
- This position is responsible for maintaining the calendar for CEO, Board and Board Committee meetings. Some drafting and editing of correspondence; screening calls.
- Organize and plan Board and committee meetings; liaison with the Board as appropriate, prepare and distribute Board “packet” and agendas. Assist Board Secretary with Board minutes.
- Regular interaction with the CEO’s direct reports; actively participate in planning and meeting goals as an integral team member.
- Responsibilities include scheduling phone calls and in-person meetings for the CEO, resolving conflicts as necessary.
- This position manages expense reports, financial/budget reports, and compiles updated expense and reimbursement information for the CEO.
- This position facilitates communication from the CEO to the staff, Board, as well as donors and funders associated with the organization.
- Help CEO to maintain solid relations with major donors and community leaders; strategically helps to create new relationships focused on widening the organization's network.
- Research and manage CEO’s fundraising prospect list.
- Assist with extensive and critical planning for the organization, handling all aspects of delegated projects and meetings, including: follow-through on meeting notes, tracking ongoing projects and processes, developing workflow systems to increase efficiency, and handling any ad hoc processes.
- Attends internal meetings as assigned and reports pertinent information back to the CEO; takes notes during confidential sessions and disseminates next steps.
- Completes projects and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem-solving; making adjustments to plans.
- Support CEO’s civic Board activities; support SFJAZZ in the community.
- Participate in cross-functional work-teams and other teams as appropriate.
- Handle ad hoc executive projects as needed.
- Any other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience as an Executive Assistant to a Senior Leader in an organization.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, plan, and implement projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent judgment and discretion with confidential information.
- Ability to analyze systems and create new strategies for improving and organizing work flow.
- High degree of skill with either PC or Macintosh computers, using Word, Excel, Apple Mail, iCal, and Filemaker Pro; extreme comfort level with various databases and software packages.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop excellent working relationships with diverse teams.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills; must be able to work independently with minimal supervision while also working as part of a team.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and appreciation for diverse viewpoints and different communication styles.
- Ability to thrive in fast paced environments with flexibility to adjust to changing priorities. Sense of humor appreciated.
- Understanding of non-profit and philanthropic structures; interest in organizational development and/or nonprofit administration preferred.
This position offers a competitive salary depending on experience, as well as a robust non-profit benefits package.
Please send your resume in .doc or .pdf format with a cover letter. Cover letter should explain why you are the perfect candidate for SFJAZZ and include salary requirements.
Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org with Executive Assistant to the CEO in the Subject line. Resumes without all the requested information or sent to other email addresses may not be considered. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. NO phone calls please.
SFJAZZ is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to a diverse and harmonious workplace. We extend our thanks and appreciation to all applicants for their expressed interest in working at SFJAZZ and will contact those selected for an interview.