Leaders Circle Manager
Leaders Circle Manager
As a member of SFJAZZ's Development staff, the Leaders Circle Manager plays a critical role in increasing
individual donor support. He/she is responsible for overseeing the solicitation of annual Leaders Circle gifts
between $1,200 and $5,000 and annual gifts earmarked to SFJAZZ Education. The Leaders Circle Manager
reports to the Major Gifts Officer and provides direct support for all major gifts initiatives.
The SFJAZZ Center opened in San Francisco’s Hayes Valley in January 2013. This is an incredible opportunity for a motivated individual to help define how our core base of supporters will engage with the SFJAZZ Center for many years to come while being part of a creative team that expands upon the potential of a new cultural landmark.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 150 Leaders Circle members with an emphasis on securing a significant number of increased gifts.
- Develop a portfolio of new prospects with an emphasis on securing a significant number of new gifts through personal cultivation and solicitation.
- With the Major Gifts Officer and Membership Manager, develop cultivation and solicitation strategies for SFJAZZ's general membership with the capacity to make Leaders Circle gifts.
- Set, manage, and meet aggressive targets for annual gifts including new Leaders Circle members, annual gift upgrades, overall donor engagement, and developing the program as an effective pipeline to the major gifts program.
- Track and document all Leaders Circle cultivation and stewardship activities in the SFJAZZ Tessitura database and other tools.
- Work with the Major Gifts Officer and team to produce and staff development-led regular and special events such as receptions at concerts and annual gala.
- Develop, implement, and drive a major gift prospect research program.
- Provide support to the Development Director, Major Gifts Officer and other fundraisers in creating donor/prospect briefings, proposal materials, and other major donor communications.
- Assist SFJAZZ trustees and other volunteers in the cultivation and stewardship of their prospect lists and other fundraising activities.
- Assist in team goal setting and budget management.
- Work with Major Gifts Officer to develop and execute stewardship strategies to build a Legacy Giving program.
Other duties as assigned.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
STATUS AND SCOPE:
- 2-3 years fundraising experience with a focus on individual donors, or equivalent in education and experience.
- Strong desire to serve in a strategic, front-line annual gifts fundraising position.
- Ability to personally identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward high-net worth individuals.
- Ability to nimbly navigate the demands of both an annual direct response program and a high-touch major gifts program.
- Collaborative work style and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to manage projects from start to finish, consistently tracking and reporting on progress toward goals.
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Available to work weeknights and weekends, as needed.
- Demonstrated success in using a donor database; Tessitura experience a plus.
The work schedule varies from customary office hours to evenings and weekends, with the potential for long hours during critical periods such as special events.
The salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume, cover letter, sample of or link to a marketing piece you have authored, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention “Leaders Circle Manager” in the subject line.
Resumes will be accepted until position filled. No phone calls, please.
SAN FRANCISCO JAZZ ORGANIZATION (SFJAZZ) IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF.