Senior Graphic Designer
Senior Graphic Designer
Under the direction of the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for brand management for SFJAZZ, design, production and project management of advertising (online, print and broadcast), collateral development, merchandise design, and environmental graphics from concept to completion. This is a strong hands-on position requiring a positive attitude, strong analytical, organizational and communication skills, clear understanding of and experience in branding, the ability to work in a team environment, the talent to create compelling and appropriate design solutions, and the discipline to manage large projects responsibly. This position oversees the work of 3 fulltime staff: designer, marketing production manager and web designer.
- Manages the SFJAZZ brand identity and its iterations and the application of the SFJAZZ brand in all marketing, communications and promotional contexts. Oversees the dissemination of, and appropriate use of, campaign imagery and corporate identity materials as necessary to outside vendors, sponsors and associates.
- Responsible for art direction and design of all materials associated with all SFJAZZ events and programs, including but not limited to, advertising (on-line, print, broadcast, outdoor), key art, catalogues, program books, brochures, postcards, website, posters, invitations, venue signage, press materials and merchandise.
- Meets with various SFJAZZ departments (clients) to discuss project objectives and requirements; interprets client’s needs, develops and presents appropriate design solutions.
- Responsible for creative direction of SFJAZZ website, including development of structure, data flow and user interface components.
- Provide art direction and supervision for concert/special event photography.
- Obtains required approvals for all phases of a project, works well under pressure and responsibly meets deadlines and budget requirements.
STATUS AND SCOPE:
- 7- 10 years design experience; minimum of 3 years of which in art direction/design and supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of branding principles and imperatives required.
- Work experience with a preference for advertising agency, design studio and/or arts/entertainment organizations. Interest in the performing arts and jazz specifically.
- Expertise with industry-standard graphic design and digital art production tools for print and web media is essential with strong skills required in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat).
- In-depth knowledge of production processes in both print and digital media required.
- Must have strong project management skills, ability to think strategically and manage multiple and often conflicting priorities, anticipate demands, coordinate stringent deadlines, manage independent contractors and support staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
The salary will be based upon professional and academic experience.
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention "Director of Marketing” in the subject line.
Resumes will be accepted until position filled.
***SFJAZZ is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to a diverse and harmonious workplace. We extend our thanks and appreciation to all applicants for their expressed interest in working at SFJAZZ and will contact those selected for an interview.