Under the direction of the Box Office Manager, the Box Office Customer Service Assistant is responsible for acting as a customer service representative and retail and ticket sales assistant at the SFJAZZ Box Office and Store. The ideal candidate for this position is a friendly customer service-oriented individual available for full time work with a variable schedule who is proficient at multi-tasking and is reliable, punctual and maintains a professional appearance.
Reports to: Box Office Manager
Department: Box Office
About SFJAZZ: SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million dollar Center launched in 2013 and the 33-year-old non-profit organization now crafts distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district. The budget for the 2014/2015 Season is more than $12 million with about half coming from ticket revenues.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as customer service representative for SFJAZZ at our box office and retail store at the SFJAZZ Center.
- Sell SFJAZZ event tickets, merchandise, and memberships using Tessitura ticketing software.
- Communicate with SFJAZZ patrons and members via phone, email, and in person.
- Reconcile cash, credit card and check revenue, and tickets issued at the end of each shift.
- Maintain the appearance of the SFJAZZ retail store and restock merchandise as needed.
- Provide ticketing and customer service support at SFJAZZ concerts and events.
- Assist with special administrative and research projects as assigned.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- One year box office and customer service experience required.
- Tessitura or other ticketing software experience, and work with arts organizations, is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Demonstrated success in using a donor database; Tessitura experience a plus.
- Willingness and availability to work long and irregular hours during peak periods. Evening and weekend availability required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Gmail preferred.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. All applications must be accompanied by a proper cover letter to be considered. Resumes will be accepted until position filled. Please no phone calls or faxes.
SFJAZZ is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to create a diverse and harmonious workplace.