As a member of SFJAZZ's Development staff, the Leaders Circle Manager plays a critical role in increasing individual donor support. He/she is responsible for overseeing the solicitation of annual Leaders Circle gifts between $1,200 and $5,000, annual gifts earmarked to SFJAZZ Education, capital campaign gifts, and SFJAZZ annual gala packages. The Leaders Circle Manager reports to the Individual Giving Director and provides direct support for all individual giving initiatives.
Reports to: Individual Giving Director
About SFJAZZ: SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million dollar Center launched in 2013 and the 32-year-old non-profit organization now crafts distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district. The budget for the 2014/2015 Season is more than $12 million with about half coming from ticket revenues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a mid-level annual fund donor program of up to 400 Leaders Circle Members under the direction of the Individual Giving Director.
- Manage and meet aggressive contributed revenue goals.
- With the Donor Services Coordinator, Donor Services Assistants, and key Marketing staff, manage all Leaders Circle Member marketing communications and gift administration.
- Work with the Individual Giving Director, Development team, Events Assistant, and other key SFJAZZ Artistic, Operations, and Production staff to produce development-led regular and special events such as receptions at concerts, salons, meet and greets, and the annual gala.
- Track and document all Leaders Circle cultivation and stewardship activities in the SFJAZZ Tessitura database and other tools.
- Strategically leverage face-to-face engagements with Leaders Circle Members at concerts, events, and cultivation/solicitation/stewardship visits.
- Develop individual moves management plans for a select portfolio of approximately 50 high capacity Leaders Circle Members and new prospects with an emphasis on securing a significant number of increased Leaders Circle gifts effectively populating the major and planned gift pipeline.
- Assist SFJAZZ trustees and other volunteers in the cultivation and stewardship of their prospect lists and other fundraising activities as assigned.
- Collaborate with Leaders Circle Ticket Concierge to ensure premium level customer service for all Leaders Circle Members in regards to all Box Office related items such as ticket purchases, returns, and related show experience.
- Work with House Manager and Box Office Manager on-duty to guarantee the best Front of House experience for all Leaders Circle Members at SFJAZZ events.
- Assist in team goal setting and budget management.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
STATUS AND SCOPE:
- 2-3 years fundraising experience with a focus on individual donors.
- Available to work weeknights and weekends, often multiple times per week.
- Strong desire to serve in a strategic, front-line annual gifts fundraising position.
- Ability to personally identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward high-net worth individuals.
- Ability to nimbly navigate the demands of both an annual direct response program and a high-touch major gifts program.
- Desire to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment that often includes working evenings and weekends.
- Collaborative work style and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to manage projects from start to finish, consistently tracking and reporting on progress toward goals.
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Energetic, emotionally intelligent, and motivated to serve at a performing arts organization. Demonstrated success in using a donor database; Tessitura experience a plus.
Working Conditions: The work schedule varies from customary office hours to evenings and weekends, with peak periods of long hours during critical periods such as key fundraising months, VIP presentations, and special events.
Salary: The salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. All applications must be accompanied by a proper cover letter to be considered. Resumes will be accepted until position filled. Please no phone calls or faxes.
SFJAZZ is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to create a diverse and harmonious workplace.