The Corporate Partnerships Manager is the core staff person responsible for securing
and maintaining funding from corporations through sponsorship and events.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Corporate Partnerships Manager will
design and execute all aspects of the organization’s corporate sponsorship fundraising
efforts including sales, solicitations and implementation of sponsorships. The manager
also generates prospect research, proposals and oversees budget administration.
Reports to: Director of Development
About SFJAZZ: SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million dollar Center launched in 2013 and the 33-year-old non-profit organization now crafts distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district. The budget for the 2014/2015 Season is more than $12 million with about half coming from ticket revenues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cultivate and solicit prospective and current corporate sponsors, including
meeting scheduling and preparation, record-keeping and follow-up with;
- Maintain and grow a pipeline of prospective sponsors; Qualify new leads
through research, discussion with senior leadership and Corporate
Committee, and other resources as necessary;
- Design and implement sponsorship strategies that establish and maintain a
reliable revenue source for the organization;
- Ensure appropriate benefits fulfillment for all corporate partners;
- Create and edit sponsorship proposals, presentations, and fulfillment reports;
- Work with the Marketing Department to create up-to-date materials for the
corporate sponsorship program, including organizational overviews,
brochures, website, and other pieces;
- Work with the Grants Manager in cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding
- Solicit in-kind requests on behalf of the organization; Oversee the tracking
and acknowledgement of in-kind donations;
- Participate in Development Department and other related meetings;
- Create, manage, and support corporate prospect portfolios for the Chief
Executive Officer and Director of Development;
- Establish a detailed, annual plan of revenues and expenditures for the
corporate sponsorship program that links to overall fundraising goals, in
consultation with the Director of Development;
- Support the Board Corporate Development Committee; Schedule committee
meetings and develop agendas; Follow-up with members on assignments;
- Produce reports and make presentations internally on the status of the
corporate program and pipeline.
- Maintain consistent communication with other departments about
sponsorship conversations, needs and deliverables;
- Represent SFJAZZ in the concert halls and in the community.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to
include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time
STATUS AND SCOPE:
- Ability to conceive, plan, and execute Corporate Sponsorship program
- Knowledge of the local and national corporate community
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and research skills
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, while meeting all deadlines
- Experience with working on computers and with computer programs Word,
Excel, and databases; Tessitura experience highly desired
- Entrepreneurial and creative approach to fundraising
- Prior experience working in a performing arts organization highly desirable
- Knowledge and interest in jazz and related music is a plus
B.A. required; 3-5 years experience in development with corporate giving experience or
sales experience; arts fundraising experience is highly desirable.
We offer a competitive salary based on qualifications, excellent benefits, and a dynamic,
casual San Francisco office. Evening work is often required. The ability to speak
business-level English and a California driver’s license are also required.
To be considered for this position, submit resume and cover letter to Jobs@sfjazz.org.
SAN FRANCISCO JAZZ ORGANIZATION (SFJAZZ) IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT
OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF.