The Donor Services Assistant – Gift Entry is responsible for all gift entry and acknowledgement processing, as well as maintaining donor records and providing a high level of customer service to the organization’s membership base. The position reports to the Director of Development and provides assistance in making sure the Donor Services program runs smoothly and meets growth goals outlined in organizational planning.
In January 2013, SFJAZZ opened the SFJAZZ Center, the first freestanding building in the United States designed specifically for jazz presentation and education. This is a great opportunity for a motivated individual to be a part of a creative team that expands upon the potential of a new cultural landmark.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Enter data for all individual and institutional donations and other transaction-related correspondence for annual fund and capital campaigns.
- Prepare acknowledgment letters for all donations, pledges, and LOIs on a regular basis as determined by fundraisers. Provide supporting information to senior management for personalized acknowledgement and donation-related correspondence.
- Maintain gift entry and acknowledgement processes.
- Route all gifts and pledges to department staff for proper coding, providing additional gift transmittal documents and background information if necessary.
- Serve as daily liaison to Finance Department to ensure proper coding, prompt entry, and reconciliation of gifts. Work with Donor Services Coordinator on monthly reconciliation.
- Track and follow-up on all employer matching gift requests. Implement strategies to expand employer match opportunities.
- Research new donation channels or tools to expand SFJAZZ’s giving opportunities. Work with the Development team to properly implement new campaigns, appeals and opportunities.
- Proactively update donor information to match SFJAZZ business conventions.
- Provide front-line customer service to donors regarding gift acknowledgements, refunds, and other donation and special event-related issues.
- Create and maintain confidential donor prospect records in hard copy and electronic formats.
- Identify and/or coordinate resources (volunteers, inventory, etc.) for execution of department administrative projects.
- Provide logistical support in executing departmental events and programs designed to cultivate and steward relationships with donors and maximize giving potential.
Status and Scope:
- Detail oriented person with deep passion for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential and sensitive documents.
- Customer service-oriented with the ability to communicate effectively with diverse array of constituents.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Interest in jazz and jazz related music.
Bachelors Degree with one year of direct experience within a nonprofit development department OR two years of progressive job related experience as an Administrative Assistant or Executive Assistant.
The salary will be based upon professional and academic experience.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention “Donor Services Assistant” in the subject line.
***SFJAZZ is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to a diverse and harmonious workplace. We extend our thanks and appreciation to all applicants for their expressed interest in working at SFJAZZ and will contact those selected for an interview.