The newly constructed SFJAZZ Center, a LEED Gold building, is a state-of-the art technology based music venue.
SFJAZZ is seeking an experienced and dynamic Facility Operations Manager to continue the transition process
from construction to full operation.
The Facility Operations Manager will lead all facility programing, projects and work delivery systems and provide
facilities support to other departments and major events. The Facility Operations Manager is instrumental in
ensuring the full technological function of the SFJAZZ Center's automated Building Management Systems (BMS)
and articulating and implementing appropriate BIM/CAFM processes. The position will develop a rigorous
LEED centered facility operations and maintenance plan as well as physical plant standard operational and
maintenance procedures. As a key member of SFJAZZ’s operations team the position will lead the establishment
of plant-wide policies and standard operation procedures including disaster preparedness, Illness/Injury
Prevention Programing and event safety and security protocols. Working under the direction of the Director
of Operations, the Facility Operations Manager will have the exciting opportunity to develop and scale the
resources of a rapidly growing organization.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Ensures full technological and mechanical function of the SFJAZZ Center physical plant. Develops
strategic direction and programing for BIM/ CAFM processes and software. Ensures BMS and
mechanical/electrical systems are fully functioning as per specifications. Continues to further develop
and tune building systems performance.
- Executes LEED centered O&M and service delivery systems including, work orders, preventive
maintenance programing, capital projects, and management of craft building service providers including
HVAC, sanitation, security pest control and fire/life safety services. Develops and implements standards
and performance metrics for all building work and service contractor performance. Conducts efficiency
studies and recommends procedures, practices and metrics to improve operational efficiency. Serves as
lead liaison between SFJAZZ facilities and the various governmental code enforcement entities.
- Executes the completion of post-construction elements, punch list items, and warranty correction work,
taking the lead to resolve problematic systems corrections.
- In coordination with Human Resources, Front of House Management, and Technical Services, establishes
facilities standard operation training, policies and procedures including disaster preparedness and
emergency response protocols, the development of an Illness, Injury Prevention Plan.
- In conjunction with Director of Operations, generates and manages facilities operating budget. Tracks
budget performance, discrepancies, forecasts performance issues such as unforeseen expenditures and
cost avoidances, and responds proactively with corrective measures. Authorizes facilities expenditures
and makes recommendations to Director of Operations for new expenditures and projects. In
conjunction with Technical Services, manages facilities procurement and inventory control system.
- Provides proactive leadership in establishing and maintaining environmental sustainability practices in
compliance with LEED standards for the SFJAZZ physical plant. Actively maintains SFJAZZ Center LEED
Gold certification and develops a “whole building” efficiency improvement plan and activities. Conducts
and commissions building energy and utilities assessments as needed. Fully implements SFJAZZ Green
Housekeeping Policy and SFJAZZ Waste Stream Policy.
- ROther tasks and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced skills in facilities management including a strong background in building technology and
developing LEED Centered O&M planning and programing. A minimum of five years experience in
working in LEED certified public facilities in a facilities management capacity.
- Education or experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in facilities management, construction
management, engineering, architecture, or a related field. IFMA or similar facilities management
certifications helpful. Experience directing facilities at performance arts venues or cultural institutions
- Three to five years of supervisory experience.
- Advanced knowledge of facilities operations concepts, strategic planning, budget development and
management, composing facilities policy and procedure and site plans. Ability to structure and execute
complex projects and processes.
- Resilient management skills, ability to operate in a developing, dynamic, multi-stakeholder environment.
Demonstrates an understanding and application of management approaches for work direction,
motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action. Skilled at relationship building and
promotes a culture of teamwork, accountability and team results.
- An understanding of and ability to communicate (both verbally and in writing) with a diverse staff and
- Ability to secure a California driver's license within 60 days of employ and clean driving record required.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and work without an elevator, ability to climb a ladder, ability to climb and
troubleshoot building systems such as HVAC duct work. Able to respond 24/7 for building emergencies.
We offer a competitive salary based on qualifications, excellent benefits, and a dynamic, casual
San Francisco office. Evening work is often required. The ability to write and speak business level English is crucial to this position.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Mention “Facility Operations Manager” in the subject line. Applications sent through other channels may not be considered. Please no phone calls.
***SAN FRANCISCO JAZZ ORGANIZATION (SFJAZZ) IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT
OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF