Artist assistant (ON-CALL)
The Artist Logistics Coordinator supports administrative tasks associated with lodging and travel for Artists performing at the SFJAZZ Center and/or off-site venues contracted by SFJAZZ for performances. This position also requires driving SFJAZZ and SFJAZZ-leased vehicles to transport artists specific to SFJAZZ performances.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as lead driver for SFJAZZ performances, transporting artist to and from airport, hotel and venue
- Be the face of SFJAZZ by creating a warm and friendly environment that welcomes the artists
- Assist Artist Logistics Manager with booking hotels and/or air travel for contracted artists and generate necessary documents for artists
- Act as direct contact for incoming and outgoing artists and artist teams
- Manage transportation updates specific to changing rehearsal times and flight cancellations
- Compile artist logistics documents to distribute to artist teams
- Credit card statement processing and coding related to logistics
- Work collaboratively and professionally with SFJAZZ Production and Artistic departments
- Other duties as assigned
- Two to three years of experience in the customer service or entertainment field
- Experience working with high profile personalities, clients and/or artists
- Prior experience operating large SUV or van
- Able and willing to work evenings, weekends & holidays (typically Thursday – Sunday)
- Exceptional verbal communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Google Suite, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Consent to Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) produced by the DMV
The hourly pay for this position is $23.50/hr.
SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million dollar Center launched in 2013 and the 38-year-old non-profit organization now delivers distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district. The pre-pandemic budget for the organization was over $19 million; 60% derived from ticket sales.
SFJAZZ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF. We particularly welcome those who bring the gifts of diversity to our organization. People of color, people who identify as LGBTQIA, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to the email address: email@example.com. Mention “Artist Logistics Coordinator” in the subject line.