Audience Services Coordinator
Job Title: Audience Services Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Operations
SFJAZZ is seeking an experienced full-time Audience Services Coordinator. This position is responsible for providing performance and special event supervision in support of all SFJAZZ departments. The successful candidate will oversee the coordination of personnel, equipment, and contracted services in the front of house throughout the event lifecycle for SFJAZZ activities. As a key member of the SFJAZZ team the Audience Services Coordinator will provide critical operational interface to the ongoing focus of creating a supportive and optimized work environment.
SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million dollar Center launched in 2013 and the 34-year- old non-profit organization now crafts distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Secondary On-Site Front of House Manager
- Secondary on-site day and evening performance/special events manager accountable to provide a safe and conducive environment for the execution of activities at SFJAZZ, to include pre and post-performance/special event management of all SFJAZZ guests
- Supports the Audience Services Director and Guest Services Manager
- Works closely with all SFJAZZ Departments to resolve any customer concerns or issues
- Ensures Customers appropriate and timely coordination/compliance of matters related to venue life safety and security
- Act as a principal point of contact in the case of Evacuation, in compliance with the SFJAZZ Emergency Plan
- Prepares summary report to Supervisor of customer complaints and issues on a weekly basis
- Advances and supervises outside venue performances Audience and Patron Services Coordinator Attends weekly meetings to coordinate and facilitate the logistics of event operations across all departments
- Prepares merchandise sales, reconciling cash and credit card payments, cash box, and completed final sales reports
- Responsible for the fulfillment of the SFJAZZ Volunteer Participation and Recognition Program
- Works with management to schedule meetings and training sessions
- Supports the Audience Services Director and the Lead House Manager
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three years public assembly venue experience, a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study, or an equivalent combination thereof
- Demonstrate solid communication skills
- Innovative team player with the ability to work well with others in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform under pressure while maintaining a courteous and professional attitude toward client and team members
- General knowledge of life safety standards
- Required to work evenings, weekends, or special events weekly
- Physically able to walk, stand, climb stair, and lift up to 30 pounds
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft and integrated cloud applications environment
- Industry experience with event and/or venue management software a plus
Salary: The salary will be commensurate with experience in Nonprofit $45,000 - $47,000
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. All applications must be accompanied by a proper cover letter to be considered. Resumes will be accepted until position filled. Please no phone calls or faxes.
SFJAZZ is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to create a diverse and harmonious workplace.