Audience Services Director
SFJAZZ is seeking an experienced full-time Audience Service Director. This position manages customer relationships, ensuring customer satisfaction, quick and personalized service while maximizing ticket sales and donated income. The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination of personnel, equipment, and contracted services in the front of house throughout the event lifecycle for SFJAZZ activities. As a key member of the SFJAZZ team the Audience Services Director will maintain a premiere level of customer service throughout multiple service channels.
SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million dollar Center launched in 2013 and the 33-year-old non-profit organization now crafts distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district. The budget for the 2015-16 Season is more than $14 million with about half coming from ticket revenues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee Audience Services, Patron Services, and overflow services, including hiring, training, staffing, motivating, and managing sales, front of house, and usher teams.
- Generate revenue through Audience Services from single ticket sales, subscription sales, special packages, donations, Internet, email/fax sales and telemarketing
- Ensure the timely and accurate processing of all orders through the phone, internet, email, and fax
- Establish and maintain methods and procedures to achieve timely and accurate resolution of customer inquiries
- Responsible for all on-site, off-site, day & evening performance/special events ~ this will require regular attendance at these events to ensure all audiences and patron a premiere experience at SFJAZZ
- Oversees the artists merchandising program with accountability and accuracy
- Develops, recommends and implements an annual budget to ensure optimal staffing levels and monitors scheduling to ensure budget projections are achieved.
- Responsible for the bi-monthly payroll of all box office, front of house, and ushers employees
- Prepare weekly reports summarizing sales, complaints, call volume and advertising impact
- Ensure maintenance and upkeep of data standards within ticketing system
- Maintain phone system and coordinate upgrades to insure proper equipment functionality
- Establishes standards and continuous improvement protocols for audience chamber preparedness and execution
- Collaborates across SFJAZZ departments and industry partners to ensure appropriate and timely coordination/compliance of matters related to venue life safety and security
- Oversees the fulfillment of the SFJAZZ Volunteer Participation and Recognition Program
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five-years public assembly venue management experience, a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study, or an equivalent combination thereof
- Manage full and part time employees with complex scheduling needs
- Demonstrate solid leadership communication, and sales skills
- Knowledge of social media/digital best practices for customer service
- Innovative team player with the ability to work well with others in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform under pressure while maintaining a courteous and professional attitude toward client and team members
- General knowledge of life safety standards
- Required to work evenings, weekends, or special events as needed
- Physically able to walk, stand, climb stair, and lift up to 30 pounds
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft and integrated cloud applications environment
- Working knowledge of the Tessitura platform and ticketing/sales best practices
- Industry experience with event and/or venue management software a plus
We offer a competitive salary based on qualifications, excellent benefits, and a dynamic, casual San Francisco office. Evening work is often required. The ability to speak business-level English and a California driver’s license are also required.
SAN FRANCISCO JAZZ ORGANIZATION (SFJAZZ) IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF
To be considered for this position, submit resume and cover letter to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications submitted through other channels may not be considered. Please no phone calls.