The Development Assistant is a member of SFJAZZ’s Development Department and provides database, administrative, and logistical support to the department. Primary responsibilities include scheduling, note-taking, fulfillment of donor and corporate membership materials, and providing general support to various departmental activities. This position reports to the Director of Development.
Provide administrative support for the fundraising activities of the Development Department
- Schedule and calendar meetings, send email reminders and agendas, order snacks, lunches and book rooms for meetings, photocopy, purchase supplies, file, etc
- Prepare solicitor packets for staff
- Coordinate and execute mailings (in house) with support from Development team
- Prepare invoices and submit receipts; track credit card activity and reconcile with Finance Department
- Assist with donor stewardship activities
- Assist with donor benefit fulfillment
- Attend Development related meetings and take and distribute meeting notes
- Track Development Department meeting agenda items
- Manage regular and ongoing team-building activities (birthdays, team celebrations, etc.)
- Monitor the general Development mail, email, and phone accounts
- Stock materials for mailings and solicitations
- Assist with logistics for fundraising activities and events, receptions, brunches and other department events, such as invitation creation, attendance tracking, and name tags
- Carry out general office duties and assist with other duties and projects as assigned
- Two years of administrative/development experience
- Organized, detail-oriented, proactive, and able to work flexibly and independently in a team environment
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and balance competing demands and priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Google Suite, Asana, Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word, and Artifax
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and be flexible under a variety of circumstances; diplomatic and decisive.
- Passion for mission and sense of humor is a plus!
The pay range for this role is $59k - $62k annually. This position is eligible for full benefits.
SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million dollar Center launched in 2013 and the 33-year-old non-profit organization now crafts distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Teaching Artist On-Call in the Subject line.
SFJAZZ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF. We particularly welcome those who bring the gifts of diversity to our organization. People of color, people who identify as LGBTQIA, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.