Customer Service Assistant (Part Time), Box Office
Under the direction of the Box Office Manager, the Box Office Customer Service Assistant is responsible for acting as a customer service representative and retail and ticket sales assistant at the SFJAZZ Box Office and Store. The ideal candidate for this position is a friendly customer service-oriented individual available for part time work with a variable schedule who is proficient at multi-tasking and is reliable, punctual and maintains a professional appearance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as customer service representative for SFJAZZ at our box office and retail store at the SFJAZZ Center.
- Sell SFJAZZ event tickets, merchandise, and memberships using Tessitura ticketing software.
- Communicate with SFJAZZ patrons and members via phone, email, chat and in person.
- Reconcile cash, credit card and check revenue, and tickets issued at the end of each shift.
- Maintain the appearance of the SFJAZZ retail store and restock merchandise as needed.
- Provides ticketing and customer service support at in person and digital SFJAZZ concerts and events.
- Assist with special administrative and research projects as assigned.
MINIMUM SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- One year box office and customer service experience required.
- Tessitura or other ticketing software experience, and work with arts organizations, is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Willingness and availability to work long and irregular hours during peak periods. Evening and weekend availability required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Gmail preferred.
- Experience with digital platforms for streaming concerts preferred.
SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million dollar Center launched in 2013 and the 38-year-old non-profit organization now delivers distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district. The pre-pandemic budget for the organization was over $19 million; 60% derived from ticket sales.
SFJAZZ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF. We particularly welcome those who bring the gifts of diversity to our organization. People of color, people who identify as LGBTQIA, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to the email address: jobs [at] sfjazz [dot] org. Mention “Customer Services Assistant (Part-Time), Box Office” in the subject line. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Job Title: Customer Services Assistant (Part-time), Box Office
Reports to: Box Office Manager
Prepared: August 2021