Donor Services Coordinator
The Donor Services Coordinator reports to the Membership and Donor Services Manager and provides assistance to the full Development Department in administering development systems and operations smoothly to meet growth goals outlined in organizational planning.
SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million dollar Center launched in 2013 and the 39-year-old non-profit organization now crafts distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working with gift officers, produce and distribute outgoing solicitation and stewardship mailings, both digital and print. Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Analyzing/establishing criteria and extracting accurate mailing lists from the Tessitura database.
- Managing regular mail and email renewals, and pledge reminders for individual donors at the membership, digital, Leaders Circle and Board levels.
- Working with vendors, mail houses to coordinate and complete large mailings.
- Overseeing the timeline, assembly and distribution of all special donor mailings such as season catalogs, event invitations and newsletters, in conjunction with Marketing Production Manager.
- Coordinating the fulfillment of donor gifts such as CDs, art work, etc.
- Coordinating volunteers for assembly and distribution of mailings and other projects.
- Research and implement potential efficiencies or opportunities in solicitation and stewardship activities.
- Assist with compilation of analytic reports.
- Review reports to ensure accurate entry. Provide support in gift entry as needed.
- Update constituent information in Tessitura to match SFJAZZ business conventions as necessary, including returned mail, customer service issues, etc.
- Create and maintain a regular report of department collateral and event materials; Communicate with department fundraisers any issues or concerns regarding inventory and future projects.
- Provide front-line customer service (in-person, online, over phone), including intake of donor gift inquiries, processing customer service issues generated via web or store, and direct follow-up with donors.
- Lead Tessitura testing. Research, troubleshoot, implement best practices for SFJAZZ’s database. Work with vendors as needed to implement better database workflows.
- Provide strategic lists and extractions to maximize fundraising campaigns and gala efforts.
- Manage database improvement projects, create new workflows as the program grows and train colleagues on new processes.
- Ensure SFJAZZ’s database and colleagues uphold high standards of data consistency, integrity, security, and accuracy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may expand to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills; attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize varied and time-sensitive projects; ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Google Workspace, MS Word and Excel, and CRM skills required.
- Hands-on experience with a database is required; Experience in Tessitura and OTT (Vimeo, Youtube subscription support) is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse array of constituents.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential and sensitive documents.
- Professional demeanor; tact and diplomacy are imperative.
- Position requires very occasional evening hours.
Bachelor’s Degree with two years of direct experience within a nonprofit development or data information services department OR two years of progressive job related experience.
The salary will be based upon professional and academic experience.
SFJAZZ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND IS SEEKING TO CREATE A DIVERSE AND HARMONIOUS WORKPLACE. We particularly welcome those who bring the gifts of diversity to our organization. People of color, people who identify as LGBTQIA, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To be considered, please send us: your resume, cover letter and salary history to: jobs [at] sfjazz [dot] org. Include "Donor Services Coordinator" in the subject line.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Job Title: Donor Services Coordinator
Reports To: Memberships & Donor Services Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared Date: September 2022