This SFJAZZ on-call Driver position is an entry level position that provides crucial support for SFJAZZ Artistic Performances. The driver is responsible for driving SFJAZZ and SFJAZZ-leased vehicles to transport artists and artist personnel performing at the SFJAZZ Center and/or venues contracted by SFJAZZ for off-site performances.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet visiting artists at Bay Area airports and transport them to the hotel(s) and/or venue(s)
- Assist artists and personnel with transferring and loading luggage and instruments
- Work collaboratively and professionally with SFJAZZ Production and SFJAZZ Artistic teams
- Light administrative duties as assigned
- Two to three years in customer service or related field
- Experience operating large vehicles or vans
- Able to drive a 15-passenger van
- Clean DMV record
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a wide variety of people and personalities.
The hourly rate for this position is $26.00 per hour.
SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million dollar Center launched in 2013 and the 38-year-old non-profit organization now delivers distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district. The pre-pandemic budget for the organization was over $19 million; 60% derived from ticket sales.
SFJAZZ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF. We particularly welcome those who bring the gifts of diversity to our organization. People of color, people who identify as LGBTQIA, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to the email address: email@example.com. Mention “On-Call Driver” in the subject line. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.