Event Technician Coordinator
The SFJAZZ Event Technician Coordinator provides crucial set-up / breakdown support and coordination for SFJAZZ performances and events produced by the Artistic, Education, Development and Rentals departments.
This individual also creates and monitors daily schedules for on-call event technicians and assists the Facilities/Operations department with organization at our offsite storage facilities and retrieves items from these locations, as needed.
The Event Technician Coordinator also supports the administrative duties for Production, which includes coordination of hospitality ordering and restocking, scheduling on-call event technicians as well as invoice and credit card processing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide set-up and breakdown support for performance and event spaces within the SFJAZZ Center: Lobbies, Joe Henderson Lab and Artist Wing including; installation and strike of backline equipment, portable stages, portable sound systems, banners and signage
- Advance details with the Education team around equipment needs for weekly High School All Stars Rehearsals and Digital Lab Classes
- Attend weekly Education and Rentals meetings to share and collect pertinent information specific to upcoming events
- Supervise and execute changes to seating and stage configurations in the Robert N. Miner Auditorium
- Oversee annual maintenance on house systems such as NIVOflex decks and AcoustaCorp banners
- Facilitate off-site support for SFJAZZ Artistic and Education events by transporting backline and audio equipment as well as providing set-up and breakdown support
- Transport materials to and from SFJAZZ storage facilities
- Responsible for making weekly artist hospitality orders and restocking
- Invoice and credit card statement processing and coding for event technician related-items and credit cards
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in performing arts or concert production field
- Work history that includes oversight of causal labor and/or volunteer crews, preferred
- Prior experience operating large SUV, van or small box truck
- Must be willing to work weekends (schedule will require one weekend shift each week)
- Consent to Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) produced by the DMV
- Persistent, resourceful, and motivated self-starter
- Organized, independent worker, with the ability to work under pressure in order to retain strict movement of the show schedule
- Reliable and dependable, and able to provide a high degree of customer service.
- Knowledge of backline equipment
- Basic understanding of set-up and breakdown of portable audio systems
The position requires the movement of furniture, stage platforms, band and AV equipment. This includes the ability to use a hand truck, maneuver stairs, pushing and pulling equipment and the ability to carry up to 50 lbs. of weight.
SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million dollar Center launched in 2013 and the 38-year-old non-profit organization now delivers distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district. The pre-pandemic budget for the organization was over $19 million; 60% derived from ticket sales.
SFJAZZ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF. We particularly welcome those who bring the gifts of diversity to our organization. People of color, people who identify as LGBTQIA, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to the email address: jobs [at] sfjazz [dot] org. Mention “Event Technician Coordinator” in the subject line. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Job Title: Event Technician Coordinator
FLSA: Non-Exempt, Full-time 37.5 hours per week
Prepared: July 2022