Event Technician (On Call)
The SFJAZZ on-call Event Technician is an entry-level position that provides crucial support to all SFJAZZ Events produced by the Artistic, Education, Development and Rentals departments in addition to assisting the Facilities/Operations department, as needed. This candidate is responsible for insuring high quality; customer service centered event support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Event set up: The event technician is responsible for the set up and breakdown of event spaces within SFJAZZ Center Lobbies, Joe Henderson Lab and Artist Wing including; installation and strike of band equipment (backline), portable stages, portable sound systems, banners and signage.
- Miner Stage Configuration set-up: This position is responsible for executing changes to seating and stage configurations in the Robert N. Miner Auditorium.
- Off-site Support: The event technician role provides off-site support for SFJAZZ Artistic and Education events, including transporting equipment. Will transport materials to and from SFJAZZ storage facilities. Will purchase materials when instructed including artist hospitality items.
STATUS AND SCOPE
- Persistent, resourceful, and motivated self-starter
- Highly organized, independent worker, with the ability to work under pressure in order to retain strict movement of the show schedule
- Experience in leading casual labor and volunteer crews
- Reliable and dependable, and able to provide a high degree of customer service.
- Expertise in set up and use of portable AV equipment and backline
- Other duties as assigned
The hourly pay rate for this position is $23.50/hr.
The position requires the movement of furniture, stage platforms, band and AV equipment. This includes the ability to use a hand truck, maneuver stairs, pushing and pulling equipment and the ability to carry up to 100 lbs. of weight. A valid California license and ability to drive a cargo van is required.
SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million dollar Center launched in 2013 and the 38-year-old non-profit organization now delivers distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district. The pre-pandemic budget for the organization was over $19 million; 60% derived from ticket sales.
SFJAZZ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF. We particularly welcome those who bring the gifts of diversity to our organization. People of color, people who identify as LGBTQIA, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to the email address: jobs [at] sfjazz [dot] org. Mention “On-Call Event Technician” in the subject line. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.