ABOUT THE POSITION
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. The Executive Assistant to the CEO (EA) is primarily responsible for supporting the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to help him manage his various priorities and responsibilities. This dynamic position works with all facets of the organization and is integral in moving SFJAZZ’s mission forward and promoting the legacy of Jazz. This role provides a great opportunity to gain a holistic view of a thriving, passionate, and dedicated nonprofit performing arts environment. The EA exemplifies professionalism, cultural acumen, and embodies the tenets of REDI in all internal and external contexts. The ideal candidate has the ability to be detail-oriented, collegial, anticipate needs, think critically, manage complicated calendaring, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of personal grace and confidentiality.
- Helps prioritize CEO workload.
- Tracks CEO’s commitments and priorities and helps him meet deadlines.
- Serves as a point of access to the CEO for staff, Trustees, and the public.
- Ensures clear and efficient logistical communication between the CEO and Leadership Team including understanding staff’s needs of the CEO and providing status updates on their requests.
- Manages CEO’s complex calendar including scheduling internal and external meetings.
- Makes travel arrangements and provides logistical details for CEO’s out-of-office appointments.
- Tracks Leadership Team action items, meeting notes, and team files.
- This position manages the CEO’s expense reports, credit card submissions, creates and manages the Executive budget (includes HR), and compiles updated expense and reimbursement information for the CEO.
- Executes projects assigned by the CEO and partners with staff/Leadership Team on these projects when necessary.
- Receives and directs voice mails from SFJAZZ general account.
- Partners closely with the Development team to accomplish the CEO’s development related priorities and commitments, especially tracking and prioritizing the CEO’s development tasks, contributing to fundraising strategy, and planning fundraising meetings and trips.
- Works directly with the Development Director to track and prioritize development related correspondence.
- Works directly with the Director of People and Culture with respect to staff events, management of “Jobs” inbox, and tracks applications for various hiring teams. May also be asked to manage correspondence between hiring teams and applicants.
- Collaborates with Finance and Administration on proper filings of Governance materials, contracts, and finance related matters.
- Coordinates and manages all logistics for board meetings including tracking and developing board materials, creating the board packet, and taking detailed minutes at the board meetings.
- Managing the online Board Portal by uploading all prepared Board meeting pre reads, agendas, and other necessary documents.
- Organize and plan Board and committee meetings; liaise with the Board as appropriate. During meetings, take meeting minutes, record attendance, and take responsibility for distribution and proper filing of official documents.
- Support CEO's civic Board activities; support SFJAZZ in the community.
- Assisting HR with the planning and executing staff meetings and events.
- When needed, assist with Trustee and Donor related events.
- Work closely with the internal Events Committee as a liaison between Leadership and the committee for staff appreciation events.
- Occasionally, participates in organizational capacity building projects in partnership with other staff/Leadership Team.
- Other duties as assigned
SFJAZZ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF. We particularly welcome those who bring the gifts of diversity to our organization. People of color, people who identify as LGBTQIA, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to the email address: jobs [at] sfjazz [dot] org. Mention “Executive Assistant” in the subject line. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: CEO
Prepared: December 2021