Human resources coordinator
Are you a self starter? Do you thrive by solving problems and making an impact? SFJazz is looking for a Human Resources Coordinator to support the artistic and creative staff in our San Francisco office.
This role reports into the Director of People and Culture and will be sharing the responsibility of the day to day HR operations. This role will be involved in all aspects of People & Culture, including but not limited to benefits management, employee communications, policies and procedures, human resources compliance, investigations and talent acquisition. The team member will have a demonstrated track record of making a difference and transforming people operations to ensure optimal business outcomes. This role in partnership with the Director of People & Culture will be responsible for driving retention goals, enhancing employee experience and recruiting top talent for the organization. This is a roll up your sleeves role with an opportunity to be creative and contribute to our company’s success.
The ideal candidate will be
- A self-starter. You know how to solve problems and don't wait to be told how to do it. Being proactive comes second nature to you. You are a good listener and are not afraid to step up and present new ideas.
- A motivator. You know how to motivate people, bring them together, and build a thriving community. Your passion for company culture is infectious, and you're constantly developing new ways to grow internal relationships.
- People-oriented. You are relational, resourceful, attentive, and practice servant leadership. You know how to communicate with different personalities and a variety of management styles. You are approachable and have a "what can I do to help you?" mentality.
- A team player. You will jump in and help out wherever you are needed. No task is beneath you. You're detail-oriented, open, and honest.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in executing HR strategies, policies, and practices
- Point of contact with Workers Compensation and Employee Benefit claims
- Maintain and update HR systems such as ADP, ATS and Performance
- Maintain the company Org Chart
- Maintain employee files and documentation
- Responsible for recruiting and onboarding part-time/on-call positions
- Ongoing support with benefits, policies, and HR operations for the team
- Embodying and championing the company values and culture
- Provide support with Payroll related issues and question
- Provide administrative support for the People & Culture Director
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Human Resources
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues
- Experience managing company benefits and worker’s compensation
- Experience in following and maintaining workplace privacy
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety laws
- Technically savvy
The pay range for this role is $60k - $65k annually. This position is eligible for full benefits.
SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million dollar Center launched in 2013 and the 38-year-old non-profit organization now delivers distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district. The pre-pandemic budget for the organization was over $19 million; 60% derived from ticket sales.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the HR Coordinator in the Subject line.
SFJAZZ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF. We particularly welcome those who bring the gifts of diversity to our organization. People of color, people who identify as LGBTQIA, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.