Are you a self starter? Do you thrive by solving problems and making an impact? SFJazz is looking for a Human Resources professional to support the artistic and creative staff in our San Francisco office.
This role reports into the Director of People and Culture and will be responsible for the day to day HR operations. This role will bring strong experience in employee relations, employee engagement and retention, benefits management, employee communications, policies and procedures, human resources compliance, investigations and talent acquisition. The team member will have a demonstrated track record of making a difference and transforming people operations to ensure optimal business outcomes. This role in partnership with the Director of People & Culture will be responsible for driving retention goals, enhancing employee experience and recruiting top talent for the organization. This is a roll up your sleeves role with an opportunity to be creative and contribute to our company’s success.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A self-starter. You know how to solve problems and don't wait to be told how to do it. Being proactive comes second nature to you. You are a good listener and are not afraid to step up and present new ideas.
- A leader. You know how to motivate people, bring them together, and build a thriving community. Your passion for company culture is infectious, and you're constantly developing new ways to grow internal relationships.
- People-oriented. You are relational, resourceful, attentive, and practice servant leadership. You know how to communicate with different personalities and a variety of management styles. You are approachable and have a "what can I do to help you?" mentality.
- A team player. You will jump in and help out wherever you are needed. No task is beneath you. You're detail-oriented, open, and honest.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in developing and executing HR strategies, policies, and practices
- Improving and monitoring employee satisfaction, productivity and engagement
- Embodying and championing the company values and culture
- Assist in talent acquisition and hiring practices
- Ongoing support with benefits, policies, and HR operations for the team
- Point of contact with Workers Compensation and Employee Benefit claims
- Proactively identify and solving personnel issues before they escalate
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to state, city, and federal labor laws, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Provide support with Payroll related issues and question
- Other duties as assigned
- 5-10 years in Generalist role
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues
- Experience in conflict resolution, disciplinary processes and workplace investigations
- Experience managing company benefits and worker’s compensation
- Experience in following and maintaining workplace privacy
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety laws
- Technically savvy
The pay range for this role is $95k - $110k annually with full benefits.
To apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.