Institutional Giving Manager
The Institutional Giving Manager (IGM) reports to the Associate Director of Institutional Giving and plays a crucial role in growing SFJAZZ's programmatic and operating support by creating and writing successful corporate and foundation grant proposals. The successful candidate is responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to research, prepare, submit, and track grant proposals and reports to current and prospective corporate and foundation partners to achieve and exceed annual financial Institutional goals, currently set at a combined $1.8 million goal with the intention to grow to $2.8 million in five years. The Institutional Giving Manager will manage a small portfolio of lower-level foundation funders and a growing portfolio of corporate partners as the primary contact. Success requires the ability to identify compelling engagement opportunities suited to both SFJAZZ and corporate objectives and to synthesize those opportunities into strategic partnership plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the design and implementation of fundraising strategies from foundation and corporate prospects to generate support for SFJAZZ priorities
- Establish annual plan of revenues and expenditures for corporate sponsorship that links to overall fundraising goals
- Track and maintain a schedule of all corporate outreach and contact, and schedule of corporate and foundation grant inquiries, proposals, and reports
- Lead Institutional administrative support including acknowledgment letters, tax receipts, transmittals, and Tessitura plans
- Assist with writing creative, individually tailored proposals, letters of inquiry, and preparing project budgets
- Work with the Associate Director of Institutional Giving to meet all reporting and other grant requirements for a portfolio of corporate and foundation partners
- Execute thoughtful, customized stewardship plans for all corporate and foundation partners
- Research prospective funders
- Provide day-of support for corporate and foundation fulfillment events
- Work collaboratively with the Associate Director of Institutional Giving in soliciting corporate philanthropic gifts, and with individual gift officers in identifying donors with corporate connections
- Implement corporate sponsorship fulfillment requirements, working with various departments at SFJAZZ
- Design corporate sponsorship packages that leverage the value and reach of the organization’s artistic, educational, and community engagement programs
- With marketing and other staff, develop collateral materials in promotion of corporate program benefits, including brochures and website updates
- Promote SFJAZZ sponsorship offerings and expand the organization’s network of corporate contacts through direct marketing campaigns, networking events, and personal outreach
- Leverage the SFJAZZ Center’s rentals and vendors for corporate lead generation
- Represent SFJAZZ in the concert halls, in the community, and at donor events
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Two to three years developing partnerships and/or sponsorships with the local and national corporate community.
- Excellent written communication, presentation, and research skills.
- Entrepreneurial and creative approach to fundraising.
- Motivated to learn from peers and on one’s own.
- Project management and organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Experience with working in Word, Excel, and databases.
- Prior experience working in a performing arts organization highly desirable; knowledge and interest in jazz and related music is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary based on qualifications, excellent benefits, and a dynamic, casual San Francisco office. Evening work is often required.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
This is a full time, benefits eligible job. SFJAZZ offers several medical, dental and vision plans as well as Life insurance and a generous 401K matching plan after 90 days.
SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million Center launched in 2013 and the 36-year-old non-profit organization now crafts distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district. The budget for the 2021-22 Season is over $19 million with more than half coming from ticket revenues.
SFJAZZ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF. We particularly welcome those who bring the gifts of diversity to our organization. People of color, people who identify as LGBTQIA, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please send your resume in .doc or .pdf format, cover letter to email@example.com with “Institutional Giving Manager” in the Subject line. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Job Title: Institutional Giving Manager
Reports To: Associate Director of Institutional Giving
FLSA Status: Exempt