The Memberships Coordinator provides support for SFJAZZ’s Memberships program as part of the Development department. Primarily providing administrative and communications support for all Membership activities. This position is also a key strategy partner for the Memberships and Donor Services Manager and the Memberships team.
- Process and acknowledge membership contributions.
- Fulfill benefits distribution for members.
- Serve as daily liaison to the Finance Department to ensure proper coding, prompt contribution entry and reconciliation of gifts.
- Maintain accurate constituent records and perform periodic data cleanup projects
- Liaise with Box Office staff on fulfilling member ticketing needs.
- Coordinate and update repository of best practices and standardized operating procedure documentation.
- Clean and import data into the database for the Auto Renew membership program.
- Review daily contributions reports to ensure accurate gift entry and that utilities are running properly. Update and maintain historical reports for membership programs.
- Provide Tessitura back end support, testing, updating and maintaining campaigns, appeals, and membership organizations.
Member Relations and Communications:
- Lead customer service support (in-person, online, over phone), including intake of donor/member inquiries, processing customer service issues generated via web or store, and direct follow-up. Train colleagues on customer service and schedule weekly digital support.
- Assist with the creation of email and direct mail renewal campaigns and special appeals for member acquisition, including compiling data, segmenting appeals, and coordinating with mail house.
- Encourage membership renewals and keep members up-to-date on program benefits.
- Implement communications tactics that steward relationships with members and support SFJAZZ’s membership retention strategy and fundraising plan (e.g. create surveys, written communication, etc.).
- Act as liaison with Box Office staff on membership sales, reporting, selling strategies, and program updates.
- Coordinate on-site logistics of Membership programs and events including concerts and other special events.
- Train and supervise volunteers to support member activities.
- Assist with design and proofreading of print and digital membership materials including invitations, brochures, and fulfillment and acknowledgment letters.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Superior organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and the ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize varied and time-sensitive projects; ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Google Workspace, MS Word and Excel, and CRM skills required.
- Hands-on experience with a Non-profit Development CRM database is required; Experience in Tessitura and OTT (Vimeo, Youtube subscription support) preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of constituents.
- Cultural Competency and a personal commitment to DEAI.
- Discretion when handling confidential and sensitive documents.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work occasional evening and/or weekend hours.
Two years of direct experience in memberships sales, member recruitment, or membership program management — preferably for a non-profit organization OR two years of gift processing experience for a non-profit organization.
Salary range for this role is $60k - $65k annually with full benefits.
SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million Center launched in 2013 and the 40-year-old non-profit organization now crafts distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district.
To apply please send your resume to email@example.com.