The second Memberships Coordinator provides support for SFJAZZ’s Memberships program as part of the Development department. Primarily providing administrative and communications support for all Membership activities. This position is also a key strategy partner for the Associate Director, Individual Giving and the Memberships team.
- Process and acknowledge membership contributions.
- Fulfill benefits distribution for members.
- Serve as daily liaison to the Finance Department to ensure proper coding, prompt contribution entry and reconciliation of gifts.
- Maintain accurate constituent records and perform periodic data cleanup projects
- Liaise with Box Office staff on fulfilling member ticketing needs.
- Coordinate and update repository of best practices and standardized operating procedure documentation.
- Clean and import data into the database for the Auto Renew membership program.
- Review daily contributions reports to ensure accurate gift entry and that utilities are running properly. Update and maintain historical reports for membership programs.
- Provide Tessitura back end support, testing, updating and maintaining campaigns, appeals, and membership organizations.
Member Relations and Communications
- Lead customer service support (in-person, online, over phone), including intake of donor/member inquiries, processing customer service issues generated via web or store, and direct follow-up. Train colleagues on customer service and schedule weekly digital support.
- Assist with the creation of email and direct mail renewal campaigns and special appeals for member acquisition, including compiling data, segmenting appeals, and coordinating with mail house.
- Encourage membership renewals and keep members up-to-date on program benefits.
- Implement communications tactics that steward relationships with members and support SFJAZZ’s membership retention strategy and fundraising plan (e.g. create surveys, written communication, etc.).
- Act as liaison with Box Office staff on membership sales, reporting, selling strategies, and program updates.
- Coordinate on-site logistics of Membership programs and events including concerts and other special events.
- Train and supervise volunteers to support member activities.
- Assist with design and proofreading of print and digital membership materials including invitations, brochures, and fulfillment and acknowledgment letters.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Superior organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and the ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize varied and time-sensitive projects; ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Google Workspace, MS Word and Excel, and CRM skills required.
- Hands-on experience with a Non-profit Development CRM database is required; Experience in Tessitura and OTT (Vimeo, Youtube subscription support) preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of constituents.
- Cultural Competency and a personal commitment to DEAI.
- Discretion when handling confidential and sensitive documents.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work occasional evening and/or weekend hours.
Two years of direct experience in memberships sales, member recruitment, or membership program management — preferably for a non-profit organization OR two years of gift processing experience for a non-profit organization.
Salary range for this role is $60k - $65k annually with full benefits.
SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million Center launched in 2013 and the 40-year-old non-profit organization now crafts distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Memberships Coordinator in the Subject line.
SFJAZZ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF. We particularly welcome those who bring the gifts of diversity to our organization. People of color, people who identify as LGBTQIA, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.