SFJAZZ is seeking an experienced full-time Office Manager. This position is responsible for providing venue scheduling and office management services in support of all SFJAZZ departments. The successful candidate will execute office support services in coordination with the Operations Team. This individual is a member of the Operations team, having accountability for office systems coordination and facilitation, organization-wide calendaring platform oversight and office systems productivity training. As a key member of the SFJAZZ team the Office Manager will provide critical operational infrastructure interface to the ongoing focus of creating a supportive and optimized work environment.
Valid vaccination status required as a condition of employment.
SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million dollar Center launched in 2013 and the 33-year-old non-profit organization now crafts distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages, maintains, and advances the organization venue management calendar in collaboration across departments and oversees acceptance and established protocol.
- In coordination with the Facility Operations Manager, manages and maintains workspaces and conference/meeting room resources, onsite and remotely.
- In coordination with the Facility Operations Manager, ensure COVID-19 mitigation measures are in place and maintained throughout the administrative offices
- Coordinates cross-functionally with all departments on organization-wide projects and events.
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures including but not limited to; coordinating in and outgoing mail and deliveries; coordinating filing, storage and archival systems; facilitating office supply requirements; maintain staff kitchen and monitoring administrative services functions.
- In coordination with the Facility Operations Manager, supports ongoing building services by coordinating facility supply orders and deliveries and scheduling vendors to support building activities.
- Under the direction of the Director of Operations optimizes office efficiency through the planning and implementation of office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- In coordination with IT, provides execution support for the maintenance and optimization of the office phone system and tracking to resolution outstanding IT support requests.
- Collects and maintains data on facility usage; produces organizational scheduling-layer reports for internal and external constituents.
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Operations, Facility Operations Manager, Facility Maintenance Technician, and Operations department.
- Any other duties as assigned.
STATUS AND SCOPE
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, creative, entrepreneurial, technology-forward, not-for-profit cultural institution.
- Ability to manage sizable workloads concurrently and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Work collaboratively and professionally within the Operations team and the organization at large.
- Curiosity and habit of learning and educating others on new uses of existing application platforms and technologies related to office systems and venue calendaring.
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with co-workers, vendors, and others as needed to perform assigned work duties.
- Minimum of 4 years office administrative experience. Four-year degree in a related field preferred.
- General knowledge of automated and manual office operations, including communication functions
- Experience with management of multiple calendars and/or heavy scheduling experience.
- Physically able to walk, stand, climb stair, and lift up to 30 pounds. Position may require standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to work undistracted in an open office environment
- Proficiency in the Google platform, Microsoft and integrated cloud applications environment. Working knowledge of ASANA or similar project-based application preferred.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Industry experience with event and/or venue management software a plus. Aritfax experience highly desired.
Working Conditions: The work schedule includes customary office hours plus potential for overtime hours during critical periods such as On-Sales, Gala, Festival weeks and special events.
Salary: Based upon professional and academic experience.
SFJAZZ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND IS SEEKING TO CREATE A DIVERSE AND HARMONIOUS WORKPLACE. We particularly welcome those who bring the gifts of diversity to our organization. People of color, people who identify as LGBTQIA, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To be considered, please send us: your resume, cover letter and salary history to: jobs [at] sfjazz [dot] org. Include "Office Manager" in the subject line.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.