Box Office Customer Service Associate - Part-Time
SFJAZZ is looking for a part-time Box Office Customer Service Associate. This is part-time role, approximately 16 hours per week and it will report to the Box Office Manager. This role is responsible for acting as a customer service representative and retail and ticket sales assistant at the SFJAZZ Box Office and Store. The ideal candidate for this position is a friendly customer service-oriented individual available as needed who is proficient at multi-tasking and is reliable, punctual and maintains a professional appearance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as customer service representative for SFJAZZ at our box office and retail store at the SFJAZZ Center.
- Sell SFJAZZ and visiting presenter event tickets, classes, merchandise, and memberships using Tessitura ticketing software.
- Communicate with SFJAZZ patrons and members via phone, email, and in person.
- Reconcile cash, credit card and check revenue, and tickets issued at the end of each shift.
- Maintain the appearance of the Box Office space and SFJAZZ retail store and restock merchandise as needed. Notify Retail Assistant of any items needing to be restocked after a show.
- Provide ticketing and customer service support at SFJAZZ concerts and events in Miner Auditorium, JHL or other venues as needed.
- Assist with gift membership processing as needed.
- Communicate with patrons using our chat support customer service interface to troubleshoot digital concert issues.
- Communicate with co-workers remotely using Slack interface online while working a streaming show.
- Sell digital memberships and content while maintaining show support.
- Insert customer support feedback to the departmental solution sheet at end of digital shift and answer box-office emails.
- Process donations and assist with our community outreach complimentary tickets.
- Assist BO Managers in Processing Ticket Donations.
- Assist with special administrative and research projects as assigned.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications
- Three years box office and customer service experience required.
- Tessitura or other ticketing software experience, and work with arts organizations, is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Knowledge in using digital support interfaces preferred, chat, slack.
- Willingness and availability to work long and irregular hours during peak periods. Evening and weekend availability required. Some vacation blackout periods apply.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Gmail preferred.
- Retail and inventory experience, a plus.
Pay rate for this position is $30.00 per hour, with approximately 16 hours per week.
This is a union position. Employee is required to become a member of the union within 30 days after beginning of employment within bargaining unit.
SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million dollar Center launched in 2013 and the 33-year-old non-profit organization now crafts distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Box Office Customer Service Associate Part-Time in the Subject line.
SFJAZZ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF. We particularly welcome those who bring the gifts of diversity to our organization. People of color, people who identify as LGBTQIA, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.