Video Technician (On-Call)
The SFJAZZ Video Technician provides crucial on-site support to SFJAZZ Artistic, Education and Rental departments under the supervision of the Director of Production and Technical Director.
The Video Technician operates video switching equipment and robotic or static cameras to record and stream performances at the SFJAZZ Center. The role requires the individual be familiar with the entire lifecycle of video workflow from the live capture of performances to the editing stage. This individual should also possess a strong understanding of audio signal workflows and its integration into recorded and streamed video. The ideal candidate should be highly proficient in broadcast quality standards and identifying and resolving operational errors and troubleshooting.
This position may also be asked to provide post-production editing support for SFJAZZ Digital Projects.
- Provide Video Direction for SFJAZZ Artistic, Rental, Education and Development performances / events by directing and operating broadcast switcher and robotic / static cameras
- Stream select performances on SFJAZZ platforms (Vimeo, YouTube Live, Facebook, etc) and schedule encore broadcasts utilizing software like Restream
- Interface with live and recording audio engineer(s) and monitor levels and quality of audio to program record and/or stream
- Collaborate with Lighting Designer to establish lighting looks for camera and broadcast
- Working knowledge of Crestron digital A/V interface and multi-media feeds routed via network based or hard-wired systems
- Operate and configure Hiperwall software and feeds IMAG to the Hiperwall displays
- Collaborate with IT department to configure CENIC Network settings for low latency video/audio distribution for education based partnerships, as needed
- Contribute to the creation of video deliverables for SFJAZZ’s Digital program, including editing footage based on set list or guidance from the Artistic team, collaborating with audio engineers to obtain mastered audio and integrating assets into a completed program for broadcast
- Other duties as assigned
Proficiency in the following equipment:
- AJA signal scaler/converters
- Analog Way Pulse2 video switcher
- Blackmagic Teranex 2D
- Blackmagic Ultrastudio
- Black Magic Micro Cinema Camera
- DSAN Speaker Timer & Perfect Que
- For.A HVS-490 Broadcast switcher
- HDSDI , CAT6, Single Mode and Multi Mode Fiber patching infrastructure
- Panasonic AW-HE Series PTZ cameras
- Panasonic RP150 Robotic controller
- Tascam Model 24 audio console
- Teradeck Cube 600 Encoders
Proficiency in the following software:
- Adobe Media Encoder
- Adobe Premier Pro CC
- Facebook Live
- Microsoft Office Suite software: Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Squarebox CatDV
- YouTube Live
- Experience video directing and operating cameras in live performance and corporate event environments
- Experience editing broadcast quality content utilizing video, audio, graphics, lower thirds images and text elements
- Possess excellent organizational and time-management skills and be able to meet crucial deadlines.
The houly rate for this position is $35/hr.
SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million dollar Center launched in 2013 and the 38-year-old non-profit organization now delivers distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district. The pre-pandemic budget for the organization was over $19 million; 60% derived from ticket sales.
SFJAZZ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF. We particularly welcome those who bring the gifts of diversity to our organization. People of color, people who identify as LGBTQIA, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention “Video Technician, On-Call” in the subject line. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.