Job Title: Web Producer
Department: Marketing Department
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Prepared Date: March 2021
The Web Producer is responsible for managing the SFJAZZ website (SFJAZZ.org), including design, production of web page layouts, new features, on-going content/copy updates, and provides the organization with expertise and knowledge in internal site development and management practices. This position will help assist in the continued growth of the SFJAZZ Digital platform by providing web support for all new offerings and program features, and will provide strong support to the online communication needs of the Development and Education Departments. This position oversees regular communication with SFJAZZ’s third-party web developer, Adage Technologies, on organizing and prioritizing website change and development requests, testing, and deployment. Other tasks include support on marketing email newsletters and the operation of onsite digital signage.
SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz, presenting over 450 concerts per year to more than 250,000 music fans. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center opened in 2013 and the 38-year-old non-profit organization now crafts distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district. In March of 2020, SFJAZZ launched its digital platform, featuring weekly archival ‘Fridays At Five’ broadcasts, select monthly on-demand concerts, and live stream performances from the SFJAZZ Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management, design and construction of web pages that support year-round shows, digital programming, membership, and institutional pages on an ongoing basis
- Recommendations on optimization and refinement for best practices in UX and navigation
- Manages communication with third-party web development firm on developing new website features and infrastructure/hosting issues
- In-house expert on all site-related questions; advises on technical strategy for digital expansion
- Scan the environment for digital trends that can be successfully adapted for SFJAZZ website, digital communication and other online initiatives
- Provide forward-thinking digital/online recommendations to the Marketing team and throughout the organization ad relevant
- Owns and maintains website analytics, metrics, and reporting
- Programs and manages onsite digital signage
- Works collaboratively and professionally with the Marketing team and throughout the organization.
- Assist in creating and deploying weekly marketing emails and other digital communications
- Any other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Degree in computer science, programming or web development is preferable
- Minimum 3-4 years professional experience (in-house and/or freelance) managing website development and web content
- Minimum 1-2 years management experience in a digital marketing environment
- Positive, upbeat attitude and collaborative approach
- Self-initiated trouble-shooting and problem-solving approach
- Extensive and current knowledge of web standards
- Knowledge of best practices for UX/UI design
- Ability to test functionality and maintain design consistency across platforms and browsers including mobile
- Demonstrable web and design skills with expert knowledge of the following computer programs and languages:
- Advance experience working with a CMS
- .NET framework (C#, VB.NET, C++ and F#) a plus
- Advanced understanding of Adobe Photoshop
- Producing web pages in a CMS environment (ie EpiServer)
- Current knowledge of best practices for search engine optimization (SEO)
- Knowledge in digital video creation and editing a plus
- Experience working with Tessitura or other CRM/ticketing database is a plus
- Experience working in project management software systems Asana or JIRA a plus
- Performing arts, entertainment, jazz interest and/or experience is a plus
The work schedule varies from customary office hours to unpredictable hours, with the potential for long hours during critical periods. This job requires occasional work during evenings.
The salary will be based upon professional and academic experience.
Please send your resume and cover letter to the email address: jobs [at] sfjazz [dot] org. Mention "Web Producer" in the subject line. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.