Artistic Administrative Assistant
Artistic Administrative Assistant
This is position provides administrative support to the entire Artistic Department. This position reports to the Artistic Producer and will work closely with the Associate Artistic Managers and Logistics Coordinator in performing the administrative functions required for the smooth execution of SFJAZZ presentations. This position will play a key role in establishing strong administrative foundation for the work of Artistic Department sorting out competing priorities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work as administrative assistant for the Artistic Department
- Assist the Executive Artistic Director as needed and requested
- Update and ensure all performances are entered in Artifax and “SFJAZZ Center Performance” Google Calendar
- Update information in Artistic Booking Sheets and Season at a Glance Sheets on Google Drive
- Advance Archival Recording Release forms for all performances and relay the information to Production accordingly
- Process quarterly CA FTB withholding reports and payments
- Process quarterly ASCAP & BMI royalty reports and payments
- Process monthly credit card reports (Executive Artistic Director & Artistic Producer)
- Maintain and update season performance/artist files
- Maintain and update offsite venue booking calendar, liaise with venue contacts, and process venue contracts and payments
- Work closely with Logistics Coordinator to book next season’s hotel allocation
- Provide administrative support in all aspects of services provided to artists i.e. issue contracts and arrange payments and withholdings if applicable, check requests, artist guest list etc.
- Assist as needed for current season’s hotel, air, ground transportation arrangements
- Provide administrative support for the SFJAZZ Collective as needed i.e. maintain rehearsal schedule, residency and touring calendar including “SFJAZZ Collective” Google calendar, and contracts, payments and withholdings as needed
- Perform special projects as needed
This list of duties and responsibilities is not to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal skills
- High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise and diplomacy
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and under pressure
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and follow-through
- Flexibility in dealing with changes and ambiguities
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent work ethic with great attitude
- Proficient in FileMaker Pro, Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Explorer
- Minimum 2 - 3 years of administrative experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience in the performing arts industry is a plus
We offer a competitive salary based on qualifications, excellent benefits, and a dynamic, casual San Francisco office. Evening work is often required. The ability to speak business-level English and a California driver’s license are also required.
To be considered for this position, submit resume, cover letter, and at least one substantial writing sample that demonstrates the above skills to our website. Applications sent through other channels may not be considered. Please no phone calls.
SFJAZZ is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to create a diverse and harmonious workplace.