Campaign & Research Coordinator
Campaign & Research Coordinator
The Campaign & Research Coordinator (CRC) supports the Development Department
in tracking and executing the business of the organization’s capital campaign as well as
researching donor prospects for the capital campaign, Annual Fund and planned giving.
The position reports to the Individual Giving Director with significant assignments from the
In January 2013, SFJAZZ opened the SFJAZZ Center, the first freestanding building in the United States designed specifically for jazz presentation and education. This is a great opportunity for a motivated individual to be a part of a creative team that expands upon the potential of a new cultural landmark.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Campaign
- Maintain record-keeping systems for all individual and institutional donors and prospects as it pertains to The World is Listening Campaign for the SFJAZZ Center and other special campaigns as assigned.
- Produce contribution and prospect solicitation reports for Development staff and Trustees; Update solicitation task reports and activities based on fundraiser input.
- Assist Development Department and volunteer fundraisers in the cultivation and stewardship of their prospect lists and other fundraising activities.
- Assist in the concept design and creation of donor/prospect briefings, proposal materials, and other campaign communications.
- Regularly review pledges due for campaign; Generate and mail pledge reminders.
- Work with Donor Services Assistant to ensure proper entry of all campaign gifts.
- Coordinate the tracking and production of named-space signage for the building, such as plaques, seats, and donor wall recognition.
- Assist in researching and assembling proposals in support of capital and other special campaigns.
- Work with the Campaign Manager to produce and staff events such as receptions at concerts and meetings with artists.
- Maintain inventory of updated campaign collateral materials.
- Coordinate prospect research function for development team.
- Conduct in-depth biographical, financial and philanthropic research using established fundraising research resources and as requested by fundraisers.
- Enter all research into the Tessitura database; Work with Donor Services Coordinator to link research sources with Tessitura or customize the database to improve research communication and tracking of prospects.
- Follow best practices in the donor research field; Train Development staff on relevant and new techniques.
- Any other duties as assigned.
STATUS AND SCOPE:
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential and sensitive documents; Strong awareness of confidentiality expectations within the fundraising sector.
- Detail oriented person with deep passion for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Project management skills a decided plus; multi-tasking problem-solver needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to fundraising best practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse array of constituents.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Interest in jazz and jazz related music.
Bachelors Degree with two to three years of direct experience within a nonprofit development department OR five years of progressive job related experience as an Administrative Assistant or Executive Assistant.
The work schedule varies from customary office hours to unpredictable hours, with the potential for long hours during critical periods such as Festival weeks and special events. This job requires occasional work during evenings and weekends.
Will be based upon professional and academic experience.
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention “Campaign & Research Coordinator” in the subject line. Resumes without salary requirements or sent to other email addresses may not be considered. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
***SFJAZZ is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to a diverse and harmonious workplace. We extend our thanks and appreciation to all applicants for their expressed interest in working at SFJAZZ and will contact those selected for an interview.