Under the direction of the Director of Finance, the Staff Accountant is responsible for timely
month-end close including variance reports and management reports. This is a hands-on
position requiring independent thinking, organizational and communication skills, and a
clear understanding of and experience in QuickBooks.
The SFJAZZ Center opened in San Francisco’s Hayes Valley in January 2013. This is an incredible opportunity for a motivated individual to join an exciting non-profit.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for timely month-end close including preparation of financial statements with comparisons and analysis of prior periods and budgets.
- Reviews monthly reconciliation of pledges and accounts receivables including the calculations for discounts and allowances.
- Perform first level review of AP including payment processing, AP Aging review, vendor maintenance, ongoing vendor support, invoice coding and inquiries.
- Review cash flow forecasting and monthly cash flow management.
- Ensure adequacy of supporting documentation, appropriate project cost allocations, account codes, and temporarily restricted and endowment reporting.
- Review various local tax returns and annual 1099 supporting documents, forms and filing reporting.
- Responsible for monthly actual to budget reports by departments, reforecasting of annual budget, and assisting in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Assist with quarterly and annual audit preparation, including reconciliations and schedules.
- Assist Director of Finance with financial reports, special projects and administrative reports.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5+ years accounting/finance experience required (Consolidation experience a Plus).
- Non-profit accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Prefer experience in the performing arts industry and/or commercial property management.
- Highly detail oriented; ability to meet deadlines and effective problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision.
- Advanced MS Excel and budgeting skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management.
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks.
The work schedule is usually customary office hours to unpredictable hours during critical periods (especially in preparing for the annual audit.)
Please send your resume in .doc or .pdf format, along with a cover letter explaining your
interest in SFJAZZ, and salary history to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with Staff Accountant in the Subject line. Resumes without all the requested information or sent to other email addresses may not be considered. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. NO phone calls please.
Will be based upon professional and academic experience.
SFJAZZ is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to a diverse and harmonious workplace.
We extend our thanks and appreciation to all applicants for their expressed interest in working at SFJAZZ and will contact those selected for an interview.