The Donor Services Assistant - Solicitations reports to the Donor Services Manager, and provides assistance to the full Development Department in making sure the Donor Services operation runs smoothly and meets growth goals outlined in organizational planning. While based in the SFJAZZ fundraising department, this position is also an excellent introduction to direct marketing techniques and principles.
SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million dollar Center launched in 2013 and the 33-year-old non-profit organization now crafts distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district. The budget for the 2015-16 Season is more than $14 million with about half coming from ticket revenues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the direction of department gift officers, produce and distribute outgoing solicitation and stewardship mailings, both digital and print. Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Analyzing/establishing criteria and extracting accurate mailing lists from the Tessitura database.
- Managing regular mail and email renewals, and pledge reminders for individual donors at the membership, Leaders Circle and Board levels.
- Working with outside mail house to coordinate and complete large mailings.
- Overseeing the timeline, assembly and distribution of all special donor mailings such as season catalogs, event invitations and newsletters, in conjunction with Marketing Production Manager.
- Coordinating the fulfillment of donor gifts such as CDs, art work, etc.
- Coordinating volunteers for assembly and distribution of mailings and other projects.
- Research and implement potential efficiencies or opportunities in solicitation and stewardship activities.
- Assist with compilation of analytic reports.
- Review daily contributions reports to ensure accurate entry. Provide support in gift entry as needed.
- Update constituent information in Tessitura to match SFJAZZ business conventions as necessary, including returned mail, customer service issues, etc.
- Create and maintain a regular report of department collateral and event materials; Communicate with department fundraisers any issues or concerns regarding inventory and future projects.
- Provide front-line customer service, including intake of donor gift inquiries, processing customer service issues generated via web or store, and direct follow-up with donors.
- Work collaboratively and professionally within the Development team and within the organization at large.
- Any other duties as assigned.
STATUS AND SCOPE
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills; attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize varied and time-sensitive projects; ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of MS Office; strong Word and Excel skills required.
- Hands-on experience with a database; Tessitura knowledge a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively with diverse array of constituents.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential and sensitive documents.
- Professional demeanor; tact and diplomacy are imperative.
- Position requires very occasional evening hours.
Bachelors Degree with one year of direct experience within a nonprofit development department OR two years of progressive job related experience as an Administrative Assistant or Executive Assistant.
To Apply: To be considered, please send us: your resume, cover letter and salary history to: jobs [at] sfjazz [dot] org. Include “Donor Services Assistant” in the subject line.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.