The Educational Administrative Assistant will report to the Director of Education. The general purpose of this position is to create, populate and maintain tracking systems for evaluation of programs, logistics coordinator for travel coordination of program, assist with events and mailings as needed. Day to day operations of department.
Assist the Director of Education and the Education Program Manager with tasks including;
- Create, populate and maintain tracking systems for evaluation of programs.
- Update Education contact lists regularly.
- Assist with mailings as needed.
- Assist with travel preparations for the High School All-Stars.
- Day to day creating and tracking of check requests.
- Using MS Excel, regularly input departmental expenses and income.
- Manage and keep track of in-house Big Band repertoire library.
- Assist at Education events as needed.
- Assist the Education Program Manager in tracking HSAS participants’ availability and transportation needs for concerts and events
This list of duties and responsibilities is not to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
STATUS AND SCOPE:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Positive and helpful outlook.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Tessitura a plus, Macintosh preferred).
- Ability to read music a plus but not necessary.
- College degree.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to write a professional and clear email to a variety of clients.
The work schedule varies from customary office hours to unpredictable hours, with the potential for long hours during critical periods such as Festival weeks and special events. This job requires work during evenings and weekends.
The salary will be based upon professional and academic experience.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Mention “Education Admin Assistant” in the subject line.
Resumes will be accepted until position filled.
***SFJAZZ is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to a diverse and harmonious workplace. We extend our thanks and appreciation to all applicants for their expressed interest in working at SFJAZZ and will contact those selected for an interview.