The Donor Services Coordinator (DSC) reports to the Director of Development and plays a key role in planning and implementing SFJAZZ’s fundraising program by providing information and analysis on both individual and institutional prospects and funding sources. The DSC manages administration of the Development Department’s portion of Tessitura CRM system, oversees the work of the Donor Services Assistants, manages prospect research, gift entry and acknowledgement, and revenue reporting. The DSC works collegially with other members of the department as well as other staff across the organization to make sure departmental projects and objectives are achieved in an efficient and timely manner.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Oversee Donor Services staff responsible for gift entry, acknowledgement, pledge billing, and membership renewals; lead Donor Services meetings.
- Using the Tessitura database and other software, develop and maintain record-keeping systems for all individual and institutional donors and prospects, including research, solicitation activities, contribution reports, and donor fulfillment.
- Maintain the department procedures manual and policies for timely and accurate gift entry and acknowledgement, including reviewing periodic reports to ensure proper entry.
- Produce regular and ad hoc gift reports for Development Department and other staff and board, including progress toward annual and comprehensive campaign goal, as well as the monthly Development Dashboard.
- Conduct monthly income reconciliation with Finance Department for all departmental revenue and expenses, including generation of the contributed revenue workbook and reconciliation reports.
- Supervise maintenance of database, including regular cleaning of records, implementing business conventions consistently across department/organization, and updating procedures.
- Serve as primary contact to IT Staff and third-party consultants with regard to all Tessitura customization and maintenance efforts, including reporting and software functionality projects.
- Provide Tessitura and other technical trainings to Development staff and volunteers; Ensure that Development staff follow best practices and understand resources/tools available to the department.
- Work with development and marketing staff to prepare and ensure accurate lists for direct mailings, telefunding, and special events.
- Manage the Development Job Form request process, assigning tasks as necessary and monitoring timelines towards completion.
- Maintain department project calendar including key mailing dates, deliverable due dates for significant departmental projects and events, and resource availability (e.g. volunteers); Facilitate communication and updates of calendar in weekly department meetings.
- Build and track Development special events within Tessitura.
- Create system for efficiently tracking donor levels for annual fund and comprehensive campaign.
- Generate donor listings for program books, signage, and other recognition opportunities.
- Coordinate production of named-space signage for new building, including plaques, endowed seats, etc.
- Provide analytical donor data and reporting for development staff upon request.
- Oversee strategies to identify, evaluate and rate prospects and revenue streams; Conduct in-depth biographical, financial and philanthropic research using established fundraising research resources; Provide analysis of information gathered;
- Collaborate with other department staff to further the overall development needs of SFJAZZ.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
Status and Scope:
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with Tessitura or other donor database.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to build rapport with donors, volunteers, and the public with diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to take initiative and work well with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrate high-level of proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential and sensitive documents.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Able to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
- Interest in jazz and jazz related music.
- Generally happy demeanor.
Bachelor's degree and two years of direct experience within a nonprofit development department OR three years of progressive job related experience as an Administrative Assistant or Executive Assistant.
The work schedule varies from customary office hours to unpredictable hours, with the potential for long hours during critical periods such as Festival weeks and special events. This job requires work during evenings and weekends.
The salary will be based upon professional and academic experience.
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com, with the subject line “Donor Services Coordinator”. If you do not use this subject line, your resume may not be considered. Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered.
Resumes will be accepted until position filled.
***SFJAZZ is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to a diverse and harmonious workplace. We extend our thanks and appreciation to all applicants for their expressed interest in working at SFJAZZ and will contact those selected for an interview