Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Serve as customer service representative for SFJAZZ at our main box office and retail store in Embarcadero Center.
- Sell SFJAZZ event tickets, merchandise and memberships using specialized software (Tessitura).
- Communicate with SFJAZZ patrons and members via phone, fax, e-mail and in person.
- Maintain SFJAZZ standards of service and high level of professionalism when interacting with customers at all points of sale.
- Reconcile cash, credit card and check revenue, and tickets issued at the end of each shift.
- Maintain the appearance of the SFJAZZ retail store and restock merchandise as needed.
- Participate in SFJAZZ phone call campaigns.
- Assist with special administrative and research projects as assigned.
- Provide ticketing and customer service support at SFJAZZ events, acting as the event box office manager when needed.
- Computer proficiency in the following programs: Tessitura, and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel./li>
This list of duties and responsibilities is not to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
Status and Scope:
Minimum Qualifications: Ticket sales experience and work with arts organizations preferred but not required. Experience with Tessitura a plus. Must have good verbal and interpersonal skills. Willingness to work long and irregular hours during peak periods. Must have a flexible schedule. Phone work, clerical tasks, some light lifting. Regular schedule 5 days per week, some weekdays, some weekends and evenings. Erratic and extra hours during concert season.
One year retail and customer service experience required.
The salary will be based upon professional and academic experience.
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention "Box Office Assistant" in the subject line.
Resumes will be accepted until position filled.
***SFJAZZ is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to a diverse and harmonious workplace.
We extend our thanks and appreciation to all applicants for their expressed interest in working at SFJAZZ and will contact those selected for an interview