SFJAZZ is seeking an experienced full-time Audience Service Manager. This position is responsible for providing performance and special event supervision in support of all SFJAZZ departments. The successful candidate will oversee the coordination of personnel, equipment, and contracted services in the front of house throughout the event lifecycle for SFJAZZ activities. As a key member of the SFJAZZ team the Audience Services Manager will provide critical operational interface to the ongoing focus of creating a supportive and optimized work environment.
SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million dollar Center launched in 2013 and the 33-year-old non-profit organization now crafts distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district. The budget for the 2015-16 Season is more than $14 million with about half coming from ticket revenues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary on-site performance/special events manager accountable to provide a safe and conducive environment for the execution of activities at SFJAZZ, to include pre and post-performance/special event management of all SFJAZZ guests
- Manages, trains, evaluates and schedules the Front of House guest services staff, including House Managers, House Ushers and Volunteer Ushers
- Manages the artists merchandising program with accountability and accuracy
- Establishes standards and continuous improvement protocols for audience chamber preparedness and execution
- Collaborates across SFJAZZ departments and industry partners to ensure appropriate and timely coordination/compliance of matters related to venue life safety and security
- Manages the fulfillment of the SFJAZZ Volunteer Participation and Recognition Program
- Supports and implements the workplace policies of the San Francisco Jazz Organization
- Interacts and performs collaboratively with counterpart Audience Services Manager and remaining members of the SFJAZZ Team
- Work collaboratively and professionally within the Development team and within the organization at large.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, creative, entrepreneurial, technology-forward, not-for-profit cultural institution
- Ability to manage sizable workloads concurrently and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Curiosity and habit of learning and educating others on new and existing guest services practices, venue management procedures and life safety standards.
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with co-workers, vendors, and others as needed to perform assigned work duties
- Minimum of five-years public assembly venue management experience, a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study, or an equivalent combination thereof
- General knowledge of life safety standards
- Physically able to walk, stand, climb stair, and lift up to 30 pounds
- Proficiency in the Microsoft and integrated cloud applications environment
- Industry experience with event and/or venue management software a plus