The SFJAZZ Lighting Technician is an on-call technical position that provides crucial support to SFJAZZ events. This technician will work under the direction of the Executive Artistic Director, Director of Production, Production Manager and the Lighting Director. This position requires programming knowledge of Grand MA 2 lighting consoles and ETC Gateway and Sensor CE devices.
The lighting technician operates lighting equipment and maintains a working knowledge of the capabilities of the lighting systems throughout the SFJAZZ Center.
It is essential that this candidate have excellent organizational and time-management skills and be able to meet crucial deadlines.
- Assist all crew members to install/strike predetermined Stage Plots, including the setting up of music stands, chairs, pianos, amplifiers, drum kits, rugs, stage practicals, etc.
- Hang and focus lighting instruments (specials) to which have a custom purpose for every show
- Patch, program and build lighting looks under the guidance of the Executive Artistic Director
- Operate the console during the shows and returning instruments to their House Positions after the shows. This would include re-focusing instruments to the House Focus
- Assists and works closely with Lighting Director on equipment changes, modifications and repairs
- Acts as Venue Head Electrician and assists the Touring Lighting Directors to accomplish their designs
- Assists Rentals Manager and Technical Manager in lighting aspects of rentals and aids in the integration of outside vendor workflow within the building
- Provides support as a house lighting representative when interfacing with outside clients
Expert proficiency in the following specialized equipment & software:
- Safe and secure rigging practices as it pertains to lighting fixtures
- GrandMA lighting console
- ETC Sensor dimming system
- ETC Paradigm lighting control system
- Clay Paky Alpha Spots and/or moving head equivalent
- Working knowledge of lighting for live music (experience with live Jazz music a plus) and theatrical productions
To Apply: Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com. Include “Associate Artistic Manager” in the subject line. Resumes without salary requirements or sent to other email addresses may not be considered. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
SFJAZZ is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to create a diverse and harmonious workplace.