SFJAZZ seeks an experienced, customer service focused IT Support Specialist to leverage
technology and make SFJAZZ employees as productive as possible.
Part behind the scenes IT maintenance, part day-to-day helpdesk service, this person will
provide company-wide support and have the exciting opportunity to develop and scale
the resources of a rapidly growing organization. This person should be comfortable with
multitasking and have an eye on planning for the future. As one of the key players to work
with every employee, we're looking for a positive person who can juggle and prioritize multiple
requests with patience and a smile.
The position reports to the IT Manager.
In January 2013, SFJAZZ opened the SFJAZZ Center, the first freestanding building in the United
States designed specifically for jazz presentation and education. The ideal candidate for this
position understands IT networks and infrastructure. The successful candidate has a strong
focus on providing outstanding customer service and desktop support in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain record-keeping systems for all individual and institutional donors and
prospects as it pertains to The World is Listening Campaign for the SFJAZZ Center and
other special campaigns as assigned.
- Administer computer systems and network and office systems
- Handle end-user hardware and software requests
- Troubleshoot employee issues with hardware, software, applications and networks
- Set up new employees including collecting unique requirements
- Maintain inventory of equipment and vendors
- Work with a variety of IT vendors
- Research and recommend IT hardware and services
- Any other duties as assigned
STATUS AND SCOPE:
- Ability to multitask in a rapidly growing environment
- Ability to develop, recommend, and scale IT resources as the organization grows and changes
- Customer service orientation coupled with thoughtfulness, patience and grace
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to provide remote support
- Ability to prioritize and provide timely IT support in the following areas:
Windows XP/7, Mac OS, Windows Server 2008, Smart Phones, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS
Associates degree in MIS or equivalent work
experience; minimum of 1-2 years experience providing face-to-face desktop
support in a heterogeneous network; proficient at system management tools,
corporate anti-virus solutions, back-up and recovery solutions.
Working Conditions: The work schedule is customary office hours with the potential for planned
on-call support. This job requires the ability to lift up to 30 pounds, crawl under desks and
flexibility in working in an open office environment.
Will be based upon professional and academic experience.
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to the email address: email@example.com. Mention “IT Support Specialist” in the subject line. Resumes without salary requirements or sent to other email
addresses may not be considered.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
***SFJAZZ is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to a diverse and harmonious workplace. We extend our thanks and
appreciation to all applicants for their expressed interest in working at SFJAZZ and will contact those selected for an interview.