The Development Assistant will be responsible for processing raffle ticket purchases, mailing raffle ticket orders and responding to raffle inquiries during an active campaign period.
This is temporary position: 37.5 hours per week starting May 4 and ending July 17.
Reports to: Associate Director, Membership & Donor Services
About SFJAZZ: SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million dollar Center launched in 2013 and the 33-year-old non-profit organization now crafts distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district. The budget for the 2014/2015 Season is more than $12 million with about half coming from ticket revenues.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process all inbound raffle ticket orders that come via mail or fax
- Act as point-of-contact for all raffle ticket inquiries via email or phone
- Print and mail ticker orders
- Export ticket data from call center and import data into Tessitura (database)
- Work with Development Information Manager to prepare and circulate ticket sales report
- Present updates on raffle activity in Donor Services Meetings
- Any other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 2 years of direct experience with high level administrative services
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Intermediate-level database skills (Tessitura experience preferred)
- Strong customer service skills and experience working with diverse personalities
- Ability to multi-task while remaining detail-oriented with high level of accuracy and thoroughness
- Ability to work independently as well as with multiple people across several departments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Working Conditions: Customary office hours with the majority of the day spent at a desk.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications must be accompanied by a proper cover letter to be considered. Resumes without salary requirements or sent to other email addresses may not be considered. Resumes will be accepted until position filled. Please no phone calls or faxes.
SFJAZZ is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to create a diverse and harmonious workplace.