The Facilities Manager is responsible for directing all tasks relating to the daily operations of the SFJAZZ Center. This position will manage the general maintenance and repairs of all building systems as well as the cleanliness and appearance of the facility to ensure smooth daily operation. This person will join the SFJAZZ team during the construction phase of the SFJAZZ Center set to open in 2013.
- Reviews, studies and learns all building systems, plans and specs prior to building opening in 2013.
- Responsible for strategic and operational planning, direction of maintenance and capital projects, and client and vendor service including; developing and coordinating contracts, negotiating rates and scheduling vendor services.
- Prepares annual building related operating and capital improvement budgets.
- Responsible for the creation and management of standard operating procedures, emergency response plans and volunteer program.
- Manages internal and contracted maintenance and janitorial staff, determining workload, delegating assignments, training, monitoring and reviewing work performance for quality, accuracy and completeness.
- Conducts regular inspections of facility conditions and ensures compliance.
- Organizes workspace layout and moves along with new employee set-up.
- Responds to all building emergencies. On-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 or more years experience within large-scale facilities and/or building management.
- Engineering background preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and train others.
- Exceptional organizational, time management and project prioritization skills
The salary will be based upon professional and academic experience.
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes will be accepted until position filled. Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered.
***SFJAZZ is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to a diverse and harmonious workplace. We extend our thanks and appreciation to all applicants for their expressed interest in working at SFJAZZ and will contact those selected for an interview.