SFJAZZ Collective CD: Live 2005 2nd Annual Concert Tour
The SFJAZZ Collective performs new explorations of the timeless work of John Coltrane along with the band members’ own new compositions on Live 2005: 2nd Annual Concert Tour, the group’s second limited-edition, multi-disc release on SFJAZZ Records. The successor to Inaugural Season Live 2004, this CD showcases the Collective’s entire 2005 repertoire, recorded in concert at prestigious concert halls across the United Status -- including the new Jazz at Lincoln Center, Chicago Symphony Hall and Los Angeles’ Walt Disney Concert Hall -- during the band's national tour.
Featuring Joshua Redman (Artistic Director, tenor and soprano saxophone), Bobby Hutcherson (vibraphones, marimba), Nicholas Payton (trumpet), Renee Rosnes (piano), Miguel Zenón (alto saxophone, flute), Matt Penman (bass), Isaac Smith (trombone) and Eric Harland (drums).
- Complete 2-CD set available exclusively through SFJAZZ - not available in stores.
- Only 3,000 of this limited edition, collector's quality CD produced, won’t be reprinted.
- Each CD set is individually hand-numbered.
- CD-sized booklet contains rare photographs from tour and rehearsal, insightful essays, and artist biographies.
- New compositions by individual Collective band members.
- Six newly arranged works of modern master John Coltrane by Grammy-winning arranger Gil Goldstein.
Disc 1 - Music of John Coltrane (arr. by Gil Goldstein)
1. Moment's Notice
6. Love/Dear Lord
Disc 2 - Original Compositions
1. Love Is Enough (Renee Rosnes)
2. Scrambled Eggs (Nicholas Payton)
3. Half Full (Joshua Redman)
4. Hmmm. . . (Isaac Smith)
5. Sega Games (Matt Penman)
6. 2 and 2 (Miguel Zenón)
7. Psalm for Peggy (Bobby Hutcherson)
8. Development (Eric Harland)