SFJAZZ Collective CD: Live at SFJAZZ Center 2018
Non-Member Price: $35.00
Member Price: $31.50
This limited edition two-disc set, recorded during the Collective’s four-night residency in October 2018 on the Miner Auditorium stage at SFJAZZ, documents the SFJAZZ Collective’s arrangements of the music of Antônio Carlos Jobim as well as their own stimulating compositions.
Featuring Miguel Zenón (alto saxophone), David Sánchez (tenor saxophone), Etienne Charles (trumpet), Robin Eubanks (trombone), Warren Wolf (vibraphone), Edward Simon (piano), Matt Brewer (bass), and Obed Calvaire (drums).
Limited edition, individually numbered two-CD set.
Contains booklet with exclusive photos, liner notes by Richard Scheinin, and notes from the Collective members on their compositions.
DISC 1 — All Songs Composed by Antônio Carlos Jobim
1. Waters of March (arranged by Obed Calvaire)
2. One Note Samba (arranged by Miguel Zenón)
3. Retrato Em Branco E Preto (arranged by Edward Simon)
4. The Girl From Ipanema (arranged by Edward Simon)
5. Garoto (arranged by Etienne Charles)
6. Inútil Paisagem (arranged by Robin Eubanks)
7. Corcovado (arranged by Obed Calvaire)
8. Chega de Saudade (arranged by Warren Wolf)
9. A Felicidade (arranged by David Sánchez)
10. How Insensitive (arranged by Warren Wolf)
11. Amparo (Olha Maria) (arranged by Matt Brewer)
12. Ligia (arranged by Etienne Charles)
DISC 2 — Original Compositions
1. Insight (Edward Simon)
2. MZ's World (Obed Calvaire)
3. Variations (David Sánchez)
4. Infinito (Miguel Zenón)
5. Another Side (Warren Wolf)
6. Unseen Worlds (Matt Brewer)
7. It Takes A Village (Robin Eubanks)
8. Sketch (Etienne Charles)