Donor Services Coordinator
Job Title: Donor Services Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Development
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared Date: December 28, 2020
The Donor Services Coordinator (DSC) reports to the Development Director and plays a key role in planning and implementing SFJAZZ’s fundraising program by prioritizing Development work flow and organizing the customer service responsibilities of the Donor Services team. The DSC also provides continuous feedback and analysis of the department’s fundraising campaigns and membership appeals, updating reports and visualizing data to communicate across the organization, and oversight on Development’s work in the Tessitura CRM database. The DSC works collegially with other members of the Development team as well as other departments to make sure projects and objectives are achieved in an efficient and timely manner.
SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. Our 37-year-old non-profit organization crafts distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district. In March 2020, SFJAZZ launched its initial digital offering Fridays at Five and is poised to expand the SFJAZZ Digital membership experience with a suite of new programs in late 2020.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES to comprise specific scope of work include:
- Develop and maintain record-keeping systems for all individual and institutional donors and prospects, including research, solicitation activities, and contribution reports; Manage department procedures and policies;
- Compile ongoing analytic reports and provide research, data, and recommendations to measure the success of fundraising efforts;
- Conduct income reconciliations with Finance Dept. for contributed revenue;
- Manage relationships with outside vendors and consultants in the execution of department mailings and communication projects;
- Work with Marketing Dept. to manage cross-department timelines for organization wide mailings and communications;
- Provide Tessitura and other technical trainings to staff and volunteers; Ensure that staff follow best practices and understand resources/tools available;
- Serve as primary contact to staff and third-party consultants regarding all Tessitura-related customization and maintenance efforts;
- Provide Tessitura back end support, updating and maintaining campaigns, appeals, reports and utilities, and troubleshooting system errors;
- Work with the Marketing Dept. to implement and test new membership features across the SFJAZZ website to ensure a smooth user experience;
- Serve as customer service liaison for donor inquiries;
- Support Donor Services staff in of gift entry, acknowledgement, pledge billing, membership renewals, and general donor record upkeep as needed;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
STATUS AND SCOPE
- At least two or more years experience with Tessitura or other donor database.
- High-level of proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong attention to detail, the ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects.
- Ability to work well with diverse personalities across position levels and departments.
- Proven experience taking complex, multi-layered projects from start to finish.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
- Interest in jazz and related music.
Bachelor's degree and two to four years of direct experience within a nonprofit development department.
The work schedule varies from customary office hours to unpredictable hours, with the potential for long hours during critical periods and special events. This job occasionally requires work during evenings and weekends.
The salary will be based upon professional and academic experience.
Please send your resume and cover letter to the email address: jobs [at] sfjazz [dot] org. Mention "Donor Services Coordinator" in the subject line. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.