Outreach and Partnerships
SFJAZZ brings world-class jazz artists out of the concert hall and into the community, connecting youth and adults, students and professionals, musicians and non-musicians, with a diverse array of interactive workshops and events.
What we do:
- Family Concerts
- Digital Lab Classes for Teens and Adults
- In-school Programs
- High School All-Stars & Community Band
- Jazz Appreciation and Master Classes
- Collaborations with organizations that serve youth to help fulfill our mission.
SFJAZZ Education receives dozens of requests monthly for our programs, performers, workshops, and community collaborations. SFJAZZ Outreach programming is free of charge. We review all large partnership requests in June for the following fiscal year and require sufficient lead-time to assess our capacity to collaborate.
Please submit this form and SFJAZZ Education staff will respond to your request.
Our Partners Include
African American Arts and Culture Complex
Boys & Girls Club
Museum of African Diaspora (MoAD)
Oakland Public Conservatory (OPC)
Old Skool Café
San Francisco Ballet
San Francisco Unified School District
Youth Art Exchange
Yerba Buena Arts & Events
Free Summer Jazz Workshops
SFJAZZ Education presents FREE Summer Jazz Workshops for high school and advanced middle school musicians!
Our Free Summer Jazz Workshops focus on theory, musicianship, improv, audition skills, and more! These workshops take place in Oakland and San Francisco throughout the summer.
- Sat 7/8/17, 12-4pm, Oakland School for the Arts: Newberry Building, 1920 Telegraph Ave, Oakland
- Sat 7/15/17, 12-4pm, Oakland School for the Arts: Newberry Building, 1920 Telegraph Ave, Oakland
- Sat 7/29/17, 10am-2pm, SFJAZZ Center, Joe Henderson Lab
- Sat 8/12/17, 10am-2pm, SFJAZZ Center, Joe Henderson Lab
SFJAZZ Education and the Oakland Public Conservatory of Music (OPC) have identified several goals related to issues of ethnic and gender equity and access to jazz education. This partnership between both SFJAZZ and OPC will serve to strengthen and sustain educational opportunities for middle and high school musicians of color in the Oakland community, and provide essential training for these students to ultimately cultivate proficiency and excellence in jazz.
Learn more by visiting opcmusic.org/PARTNERSHIPS
Community Outreach Coordinator