Facilities Support Specialist
Facilities Support Specialist
SFJAZZ is seeking an experienced; Facilities Support Specialist for our Facilities Operations Department at the newly constructed SFJAZZ Center. The support specialist will be instrumental in ensuring the full technological function of the Center's automated Building Management Systems and will support the establishment of rigorous maintenance systems and programming, including a LEED centered facility operations and maintenance plan. In addition, the specialist will support the establishment and implementation of physical plant standard operational procedures, including ensuring optimal performance from building service providers. The Facilities Support Specialist will assist the department in fully leveraging state of the art technology for employees to enhance work flow while maintaining the physical plant of a world-class performance venue. Working under the direction of the SFJAZZ Facility Operations Manager, the support specialist will have the exciting opportunity to develop and scale the resources of a rapidly growing organization. The ideal candidate will possess familiarity with facilities BMS ( Building Management Systems ) systems and building maintenance processes. As a key member of our operations team the support specialist will provide critical support in a timely manner.
- Monitor and assist in the programming of SFJAZZ Building Management System, including HAVC Siemens, Lutron Lighting and Fire/Security and CCTV systems.
- Monitor and manage the day-to-day building and space use lighting and temperature in its various modalities, including show modes. Assist Facilities Manger in trending building systems performance.
- Assist with scheduling and quality control of building service providers, including janitorial, security and maintenance service, ensuring prudent use of budget resources.
- Provide research and administrative assistance to the Facility Operations Manager in developing and implementing facility plans such as LEED based O&M Building Plan, Disaster Preparedness Plan and Emergency Response Plans.
- Manage SFJAZZ work order system. Monitor and ensure the timely completion work orders.
- Maintain facility activity schedule, ensure communication of facilities schedule to all stake holders and maintain electronic and paper files.
- Other tasks or projects as assigned.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Strong facilities technical skills.
- Ability to diagnose building maintenance issues. Proactive in problem solving. Ability to think ahead as well as specify and present pros/cons of various solutions.
- Curiosity and habit of learning and educating others on new technologies and facilities maintenance advancements.
- Minimum of three-year facility management experience.
- General knowledge of building maintenance and mechanical functions of a large non-residential building or structure, including general carpentry, plumbing, electrical, janitorial products, HVAC and custodial skills or experience.
- Familiarity with Building Management Systems.
- Experience in facilities or construction management support. Experience as a building engineer, supervisor or facilities help desk preferable.
- Ability to operate standard maintenance equipment and tools.
- Further into employment, available and on call, 24-hour, seven days a week basis for emergencies.
- Physically able to walk, stand, climb stairs, lift up to 50 pounds, and work without an elevator in the event of a breakdown.
The salary will be based upon professional and academic experience.
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Resumes will be accepted until position filled.
***SFJAZZ is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to a diverse and harmonious workplace. We extend our thanks and appreciation to all applicants for their expressed interest in working at SFJAZZ and will contact those selected for an interview.