The Digital Resources Coordinator assists the Education Department with aspects
of video and audio content asset management and supervises students in the
Digital Lab program of the SFJAZZ Center. This person will report to the Director
of Education and is responsible for overseeing, managing and processing all
archival photographic, audio and video footage for the Education Department
for use on its website as well as social media platforms. In addition, this position
entails on-site assistance and troubleshooting in the Center’s Digital Lab room,
supervising students and helping maintain smooth functionality of all workstations
and regularly updating software as well as managing hardware needs. The ideal
candidate will have a good understanding of digital music platforms, social media
tools and audio/video editing skills as well as a strong attention to detail.
- Archive digital assets for the Education Department in a clear, organized
- Coordinate with photographers, videographers and recording engineers to
ensure the Education Dept has quality and relevant digital assets of existing
and new programs
- When appropriate, photograph, video or audio record programs for the
- Assist Digital Lab students with music software and hardware issues and
- Ensure that the Digital Lab runs smoothly
- Ensure all lab equipment is working properly and is regularly maintained
- Ensure that all lab software is updated regularly
- Maintain the Education Dept website and post updated content to program
pages as well as social media sites, including management of future Dept blog
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to
include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from
time to time.
STATUS AND SCOPE:
- Highly detail oriented; ability to meet deadlines and effective problem
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
- Comfort with a flexible and changing work environment and schedule
- Strong knowledge and experience with digital music software including
(but not limited to) ProTools, Sibelius, Logic Studio and other current DAW
- Experience and confidence in audio and video editing a plus
- Facility with social media tools including YouTube, Facebook and blogging
- Knowledge of music workstation environments and hardware set-up as well
as software integration and upkeep
- Experience with CMS and other web-based platforms
- Knowledge of photo editing software such as Photoshop a plus
- Undergraduate or graduate work in digital music or equivalent professional
- Minimum one year administrative/office experience required
- Experience working in the music industry a plus
- Experience with CMS and web-based platforms a plus
- Experience with audio and video content management required
The salary will be based upon professional and academic experience.
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Mention “Digital Resources Coordinator” in the subject line. Resumes without salary
requirements will not be considered.
Resumes will be accepted until position filled.
***SFJAZZ is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to a diverse and harmonious workplace. We extend our thanks and appreciation to all applicants for their expressed interest in working at SFJAZZ and will contact those selected for an interview.