SFJAZZ Collective CD: Live 2006 3rd Annual Concert Tour
Non-Member Price: $35.00
Member Price: $31.50
SFJAZZ Records proudly presents Live 2006: 3rd Annual Concert Tour, the SFJAZZ Collective's third limited-edition, multi-disc release featuring all-new explorations of the work Herbie Hancock.The definitive record of this all-star jazz ensemble’s third year, this deluxe set features the Collective’s entire repertoire recorded on the 2006 tour, which included the Collective’s first dates in Europe and their inaugural visit to Carnegie Hall. The fourteen tracks on Live 2006 feature a new piece by each band member plus works by jazz legend Herbie Hancock, in new arrangements commissioned by Grammy-winner Gil Goldstein.
Featuring Joshua Redman (Artistic Director, tenor and soprano saxophone), Bobby Hutcherson (vibraphones, marimba), Nicholas Payton (trumpet), Renee Rosnes (piano), Miguel Zenon (alto saxophone, flute), Matt Penman (bass), Andre Hayward (trombone) and Eric Harland (drums).
- Complete 2-CD set available exclusively through SFJAZZ - not available in stores.
- Only 3,000 of this limited edition, collector's quality CD produced, won’t be reprinted.
- Each CD set is individually hand-numbered.
- Accompanying booklet contains rare photographs from tour and rehearsal, insightful essay by Artistic Director Joshua Redman, and artist biographies.
- New compositions by individual Collective band members.
- Six newly arranged works of modern master Herbie Hancock by Grammy-winning arranger Gil Goldstein.
1. Parallelogram (Joshua Redman)
2. And What If I Don't (Herbie Hancock, arr. by Gil Goldstein)
3. Sudoku (Nicholas Payton)
4. Little One (Herbie Hancock, arr. by Gil Goldstein)
5. Serene Intentions (Andre Hayward)
6. Actual Proof (Herbie Hancock, arr. by Gil Goldstein)
7. Frosted Evils (Matt Penman)
1. Collective Overture (Miguel Zenón)
2. Maiden Voyage (Herbie Hancock, arr. by Gil Goldstein)
3. Mirror Image (Renee Rosnes)
4. Riot (Herbie Hancock, arr. by Gil Goldstein)
5. Imminent Treasures (Bobby Hutcherson)
6. Tell Me A Bedtime Story (Herbie Hancock, arr. by Gil Goldstein)
7. Triumph (Eric Harland)
Executive Producer: Randall Kline
Producer: Jeff Cressman
Co-Producer: Joshua Redman
Honorary Producers: Nicola M. Miner and Robert Mailer Anderson